HMSHost / starbucks coffee sea-tac airport

1 SeaTac, WA, United States

On december 28, 2018 at 5:25 am, store id: seasta11, chk # 4421, I bought a hot tea to take on the plane ride home. Just before boarding at 5:45 am I took my first drink and it burnt my mouth throat, and lip. The airline's counter attendant asked if I wanted him to call for medical attention but stated it would take 15 min. Before they would get there and my flight would be taking off. So I boarded my jetblue flight in excruciating pain. The first flight attendant offered me water and stated they had no ice yet. When the ice was boarded the attendants gave me ice and water to combat the pain and checked on me regularly. For the two hour flight I had applied ice and water and still as I exited the plane I was in pain.

I buy coffee and tea at starbucks on a regular basis and I have never had this type of experience. I am thankful I did not spill the tea on me as that would have been a whole different report. This has caused me to not be able to enjoy food and as this happened just before new year's eve, which is my 25th wedding anniversary. Our only gift to each other to celebrate was going out to dinner. There is no way to replace this time and enjoyment of it, so my desirable resolution is that the temperature of the water for the tea to be checked and adjusted, and I be refunded my $3.14 for my tea I was unable to drink.

I will also be sending this off to starbuck's for their records as I believe they should know as well.

Thank you for your attention to this matter,

Dawn spiker