Hitachi Air Conditioner / Improper Installation of Hitachi Air Conditioner by company trained engineer

1 India Review updated:

I have purchased a new Hitachi ACE Split AC 1.5 ton in Delhi recently.
The dealer sent an engineer to install the AC informing that this engineer is trained by the company and will do a good job.
He made a duct through my wall in order to pass pipes and wirings for the AC. But, he did not care to clean the wall where he made this duct (hole). He did not even fill the extra gap that he had made after he had done with the installation. Due to this, a lot of dust is entering my room from this gap, which is further getting into the AC and being blown inside. This is not only damaging the AC but also making it difficult for anyone to stay in that room (especially with the AC turned on, which is further blowing more dust into the room).

I am amazed at the quality of service and installation that Hitachi trains its engineers to give during installation. I doubt altogether that the engineer has never got trained at Hitachi and the dealer cheated me by sending a local engineer.

AC Model No. RAV019HOD
Sr. No. RAL08A03032
Purchase Date: 24/03/2008
Dealer Name & Address: Unison Airconditioners, F18/10 Krishna Nagar, Mandir Road, Delhi - 110051

In this situation it is impossible to even stay in that room (its dust all over), which is suffocating as well as a health hazard.

Comments

• Nv
      27th of Jul, 2007
    Hitachi / AC - Water leakage
    India

From the day we bought air conditioner we are facing lot of problems one by one and I am very much shocked such a big brand product gives lot of problems.

• Ka
      18th of Apr, 2008

Dear sir,

I brought this Air conditoner on last year mid of jun I used few months it work very well. But in winter never use it for 6months this year08 last 2weeks I just switch on is not working at all.
    I brought this Hitachi bcoze of international name and its trust worthy product but why this technical problem this not happened .
    I am looking forward your immediatly action.

your sincerly
    kanthish
    mobile no:9999020509

• Am
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I agree.Their advertising has a different story to tell and the AC's don't live up to it.In under two years, my Hitachi AC's compressor burnt out.And worse is that instead of selling me an original Hitachi compressor as a replacement, they are insisting on a reconditioned compressor with a lesser warranty because they do not have any original compressors in stock!!!
    A terrible AC choice.
    Amal Sethi

• Ra
      27th of Apr, 2008

Bought a 1 ton iota hitachi AC on 4th.April 2007 and the last free service was not done before that date, so please provide me the last service so that i could pay for the annual contract after my last free service.The person who came from
    Maxcool Refrigeration Co.
    8.townshed road, kolkata-25
    was v rude and refuse to touch the machine.

This kind of service was not expected from Hitachi company.

Warm Regards,

Rajesh Diwan

• Ne
      15th of May, 2008

Hi,

Now i totally agree that i ve done a blunder for going Hitachi Split AC 1.5 ton. My ac went dead after 9 months of purchase. It took one month to catch hitachi aftersale guys and to repair it. I will advise people for not opting Hitachi AC.

• Ap
      15th of May, 2008

I purchased AC in july 2007.I contacted the dealer for its service and noise . Every day i get an answer it will be done today from last month. this is horrible custumer care service.
    I need immediate action

• Ne
      21st of May, 2008

Hitachi do not have trianed technicians for A/C installation.

• St
      18th of Jun, 2008

I don't think it would matter which company made the equipment, by the sounds of it you have not had propper trained engineers to fit it. If the systems leak refrigerant or are not installed correctly regardless of manufacturer they will break down very quickly. Obviously the first name to blame is the one on the equipment, Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi etc. Unfortunatly anyone can call themselves an A/C engineer with no qualifications. Fortunatly in the UK this has changed and manufacturers are offering 5 years warranty as standard.

• De
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Hi,

HITACHI- (HIGH TENSION HITACHI)

Pay High Price and
    get product with worries.

Pay High Service Charges
    and get thankless service and
    add on to your telephone bills for

This is Number One AC Company????

• As
      6th of Jun, 2009

I fully agree. HITACHI is just a name and they do not live up to their brand. Last week I purchased Hitachi AC form e-zone, Goregaon, Mumbai and I was told that installation charges would be Rs 1500/-, while the Hitachi fellow asked for Rs 3500/-, which was exhorbitant. Later I got it personally installed for Rs 1500/- only, but Hitachi people forced me to shell out Rs 1000/- to fill the Warranty form. But after inspection by Hitachi engineer, and his confirmation about proper insatllation, aound 4 glasses of water came out of the inner unit once it was Stopped. Though it was running very well since 2-3 days before this. It seems that these service providers do not have qualified engineers and after sales service is POOR.

The moral of the story is STAY AWAY FROM HITACHI ACs.

• Ss
      2nd of Oct, 2009

First, complaints should log @ 18002008585, so that hitachi can track its calls.

all above are very old complaints, if you are having any issue with product or service, you must log your call first at helpline no., second do get your complaint/service attended by authorized service centre people. (check id card with technician).

mostly it has been noticed customer ask service only in 1yr warranty period, after this all taking care of AC remain fun only.

AC is also a machine, which needs regular service like your bikes and cars. So do regularly get your AC services atleast twice in a year thru authorized service centre only by logging call at helpline no. only.

Also you can opt AMC in case you have 2 or more ac's, call helpline to understand scope of AMC's.

Regards.
    Hitachi Customer - since 2 years.

• Om
      20th of Mar, 2010

Dear Sir,

Please note that AC of MIS dept vide s/n - K7455 is lying idle since 25 feb 2010 due to fauly compressor as conformed by your service engineer. Though your service engineer attended this machine, but till date it is not repaired.
    So please arrange to repair/replace the compressor as early as possible to run the AC effectively.

Regards,