Hit Web Design / Bait and switch

United States Review updated:
Hit Web Design
I had purchased a websight from Heritage Websight Solutions. I was promised an award winning websight, and received nothing of the kind. I was given an amateur websight that's emabarrassing and unprofessional. They double charged me for the sight, and offered me credit instead of money back.

When I asked for the credit with the hopes of having an award winning websight, I received nothing but a run-around. The customer service reps referred me to their manager, who, never had the decency to return a phone call, or reply to any of my emails that I've posted.

When I called to complain, none of their customer service reps were able to help me. I have a full list of names of customer service reps that I've communicated with who all have promised me to help me, but never have. I have been more than patient, and totally feel ripped off by this company. I have googled other similar complaints voicing the same sentiment about Heritage Websight Solutions a.k.a. Hitwebdesign. To ad insult to injury, this company had the audacity to send me a "do-it-yourself" email on how to put together key components of the websight myself. There are many notions of class actions lawsuits brewing of this stink that this company has placed on innocent businesses like mine. At this point, I just want my money back. I don't feel comfortable talking to any personnel from that company after what has happened. They should be ashamed of themselves for conducting this unconscionable practice of bait and switch chicanery.

A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Agree. I was told by my credit card company to do the same thing. Do it!!!
N  18th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
At HIT Web Design, we are committed to maintaining the highest levels of honesty and integrity. We have been able to resolve most of the customer’s complaints from this website. However, there is no such thing as a complaint free company. Research any large company and you will find they have complaints posted about them on the internet, whether justified or not. There are simply a handful of individuals who, regardless of the merits of the issues, post slanderous and/or negative comments. Let me assure all who read this that those few who complain are less than 1% of our total volume of business. Heritage has been able to satisfy every complaint posted, given that customer gives us the opportunity to do so.
If you have a specific complaint or concern, please communicate directly with me at QCA@hitwebdesign or CEO@hitwebdesign.com.
My personal promise to you is that HIT Wed Design will be completely fair and equitable with you.
Warmest Regards,
Quality Control Administrator
N  24th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
As others have advised the only real way to resolve this is to wash you hands of Hit Web Design / Heritage Web Solutions or whatever they go by. Sadly you must just write off the time spent, but you don't have to loose the money.

The ONLY way to get your money back from Hit Web Design is to call your credit card or bank, and do a charge back. A charge back says that you have tried to resolve issues with the company, and they have not complied so because they have not up held their end of the deal, you are now refusing the charges.

It is the only way that I could have gotten all my money back! They were only offering me 50% of the over 2, 000 dollars that I spent waiting and never getting anything.

So do yourself a favor, and ditch this sorry excuse for a company!
N  14th of Oct, 2009 by
I am a free lance web designer and I take pride in the work I do and work hard to satisfy my customers. I don't consider a project done until my client says it is. However, I have recently been offered a free lance position within this company and just wasn't sure how I felt about it. So I researched and did my homework before filling out any contracts. I am glad I did! I take to much pride in myself and my work to be associated with such a company! Thanks everyone for your input! It had made a tough decision much easier!
N  14th of Oct, 2009 by
looks like more than a hand full to me
N  8th of Nov, 2009 by
I have started a petition against HIT Web Design to be submitted to the Utah State Attorney General's Office. If you have the time please go to http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/hitwebdesign/ and sign the petition and briefly describe your experience with them. Thanks for your time.
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by
You have resolved many of these complaints??? You do not even return calls or emails- how is that possible?? I am still waiting for my resolution. I will continue to pursue you, and post everywhere until I do! If any potential customers would like to read all of the emails between myself and Hit (also know as Heritage web)- please let me know.