Hindustan Petroleum L P GAS / Forcing on me to buy gas stove and by products of the agency

1 India Review updated:

I visited the agency of hpcl lpg gas services at c b d navi mumbai behind c b d bus depot on 12th oct 2007 with the full document proof and money to get a new gas connection for my home and i read an advertisement saying not mandatory to buy a gas stove at the same gas dealer. I inquired about the gas stove and the are forcing me to buy a minimum priced gas stove at thier outlet (rupees 1408) which would cost to about 1000 of the brand i would want buy at my choice's shop and earlier i was told that the gas would be delivered at my doorstep in the next 24 hours and now that i have asked many questions to them specially about the gas stove they are telling me that we will tell the company person to verify the address where i live and then they will decide.

I was always proud my dad mr i j cardoza a retired employee of hpcl who has served hpcl for 38 years now in his 80's has seen the best sides of the company changing names and still getting the best treatment from the company and i have seen the company from my early childhood where we used to stay in hpcl colony getting this treatment and it is really sorry to go in for another provider like bpcl or indane or any private if any.

Comments

• Wi
      22nd of Oct, 2007

PEOPLE HAVE MADE IN THE MATTER OF ESSENTIAL COMMODITIES AND THEY ARE VERY INFLUENTIAL IN THE SOCIETY HOPE THEY REALIZE BECAUSE OF THE PRESENCE OF ME AND YOU THEY ARE DOING BUSINESS.

13th of Nov, 2007

I am also facing the same problem in Coimbatore. They told me if you want connection you should buy a gas stove and lighter.

• Go
      6th of May, 2008

Dear
    Sir/Madam
    I govind singh was on rent in the house of Mr.M.R.Roy at C.R.Park (delhi)since 1993 to 1995 and Mr.M.R.Roy has HP gas conection no.604213 from Amit Gas Agency D.D.A flats Kalka ji.In 1995 he has shifted abroad and the conection sold to us when i contacted the said Agency regarding change of add.& Name of previous Owner the Agency Guys suggested me that I can only change the add. but not the owner's name and also insured that in future there will be no problems and since 1975 they started delivering cyllinder on my new Add.C-1036 Sangam Vihar new delhi and Till March 2008 I have no problems regarding delivery from Amit gas Agency.But in March 2008 they transfered my conection from Amit Gas Agency to KAMAKHYA ENTERPRISES A-166 Raju Park Devli Road N.D.62.When I contacted my new Agency they demanded owner ID proof I showed My HP Gas Book to him and requested them to help because I have no Id of MR.M.R.Roy then they told me that my conection is not Legal and I have to apply for a new connection I agreed for new connection and requested them to give me a new connection.They demanded Rs.3135 for new connection included for a Cyllinder, a pipe, a Regulator, a Lighter, a Chulha etc.but i requested them to please issue only a Cyllinder, a Pipe, a Regulator but they refused my request.
    please help & suggest me ...ASAP..because I am paying Rs.500 for one Cyllinder from market and ...is it fair to asked for Id proof after 13 years .I have my own Add.proof and Id proof.B'cause since 1975 I living at C-1036 Sangam vihar N.D.62

Thanks & Regard
    Govind Singh

• Na
      4th of Aug, 2008

Dear Sir/madam
    I am resident of Mahad-Dist Raigad(MAH).I want to take new HP gas connection fro your mahad agency.We have not yet gor ration card here but for residential proof purpose we can produce my house electricity bill;landline tel bil;my passport copy even letter for our govt registered Housing Society.As I am abroad my family is staying in mahad.There is your HP agency in mahad.So I am requesting you to kindly consider my family and issue us your new connection.
    My mahad contact no is(02145)225653 and my brothers mobile no is 9820538691.
    so i am requesting you to contact your mahad agency and give us connection.

regards
    Nandkumar Sutar

28th of Apr, 2009

I have also faced the same problems I enquired for connection at LPG and Bhart Gas both at Kalamboli, I was told to buy the oven from them otherwise they are not selling the connection seperately. I was told to pay an amount of Rs 4500 for the connections along with the basic oven model.
    Is anybody having any idea about where to comlain for further necessary action to be taken against this agencies ?