Hewlett - Packard / I hate hp support!

I bought a new windows xp and the support was so awful. they sell you a computer in English and when you call for support they have people in India or some other country that you can't understand the things they are saying. How can you do something if you can't understand their accent? Even a case # is hard to understand. I didn't even take advantage of my 1 year warranty, I found other sources for help. 2 yrs latter I buy my mother a laptop, ( just a wk. ago) What was I thinking? I bought a Compaq P. sister co. of HP. After 2 days of downloading updates I wanted to download some software that I bought 2 months ago. A french language for windows xp. The new laptop will not let me download my software and I spend all day and part of the night trying to figure this out. I call HP support and what a flashback. This guy can't speak English that I can understand. So, within 10 minutes I tell him thanks, but I will solve this another way. The very next day I packed up the laptop and brought it back to the store for a credit on my credit card. I will not buy another HP product again except ink until my HP photosmart printer tanks, then I'll buy another brand, and the same thing about my PC. When it tanks for the last time I will buy a Mac.

Also other problems with Microsoft windows defender, it sucks! So does windows Vista. Same old suff just a little different but new problems. Now put HP Support with windows defender and windows vista and this is a huge nightmare that just won't quite.

I HATE HP SUPPORT or any other company that can't give you support in the language you bought the PC in

Comments

• Fr
      17th of Nov, 2008

I want to give this complaint a big "AMEN". As a stockholder of HP, I am concerned that this management practise will not lead to an immense decline in custumer loyality and confidence in our products.

• St
      29th of Nov, 2008

I agree, I recently unpacked a L7680 printer and fresh out of the box it leaked yellow all over the insides of the printer. . Best part is according to HP it was one month out of warranty and they hung up on me.

• De
      13th of Jul, 2009

My HP constantly overheats; even when it's on a flat surface like a desk with nothing underneath it. And apparently it's not a laptop because a laptop would imply that you can put in your lap, which you can't or it will overheat...which is apparently in the warranty. My "case manager" was a total jerk and unhelpful. I'm finding everywhere I can complain and complaining. Worst computer I've ever owned.

• De
      21st of Jul, 2009

I have a HP color laser 1312nfi MFP. I have had it for about 45 days. It worked good for about 3 weeks. Now when I print it only prints part of the document, It prints in different fonts that are not part of the document. I have unininstalled and reinstalled the software, now I get error messages that the software is bad. I have used the disk that came with the printer, and I have downloaded the software off the HP website, same error messages. At one point I talked to a tech-rep that bearly spoke english, but after a lot of repeating we managed to get my printer working for awhile now it is down again. This is $500 printer and HP dosen't seem to care about my problems, all I get is BS and the run around.

• As
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Story was same for my hp pavalion dv1003ax laoptop. I got it from India and it started giving blue screen while starting and not even the recovery option was working. Then i tried to contact hp Netherlands here for help and found that they are equally clueless about what to do! no service provided, instead told me to get it seen in your local computer shop if you are in hurry, we will take our own time. and then they finally said send it back to India, as we need 8 wks time to arrange for spares involved….I got the lesson…never ever buy a hp product, they are extremely irresponsible company

• Cc
      1st of Apr, 2010

I bought an HP Pavilion notebook for $1800. It took me 2 weeks to get it up and running because of all the software and data I had to transfer. On the day it turned 5 weeks old, it died. Dead.

HP’s IT hadn’t a clue. Their only response was send it in for repair. 4-6 week w/o a computer. I asked for a refund. They refused because I was over the 3 week return policy. 3 WEEKS !!!

They have perfected their return window so that most people will not find the problems with their computers (that HP is well aware of) until after the return period expires. Then, they hire incompetent IT people forcing their customers to send the equipment in for repair- at their convenience and in their own time table.

It’s a big scam on consumers who pay $$$ for IT service in the price of their computer. And, there is nothing and no one who can make them honor their agreement to provide on site and phone assistance. They just demand you mail in your computer.

By the way, a geek on YouTube showed me how to fix the major issue. Then I had to figure out how to undo the mess the IT guy made on my notebook. He took 3 hours to disable and/or delete Outlook, Norton, my graphic software, the fingerprint reader, and freeze my cursor. I finally fixed most of the issues myself- I had nothing to lose at that point so I went in and started fixing. So far, so good but no satisfaction from HP.

You can’t even call HP to complain at their corporate headquarters. Their operators refuse to put through client complaints to anyone. Apparently, consumers are not a priority. We are just a nuisance.

• Br
      21st of Jun, 2010
    Hewlett - Packard - HP won't stand behind their products
    Hewlett-Packard
    hp.com

Its very simple, i run a small business in michigan, have mulitiply offices, with lost of equip. switched from dell to hp, and found hp wont stand behind there products, they will totally make your life and employees life miaserable, tie them up for hours before they will take there defecttive products back and stand behind them...uncle...back to dell for me, all hp equipment leaving all my offices, in this day and age, if your not willing to stand up and back your products, your going to run yourself into the ground...i wish hp the best, but not in my offices anymore...

• St
      9th of Jan, 2011

Turn, run, and do not look back from HP products. I spent nearly an hour with a tech support person on line going over my all in one printer which has a filthy glass plate. I tried to find out h0w to clean it and did nothing but reset the entire machine and follow along a choreographed reply which finished with an offer to "buy" a refurbished machine. What a joke. There is no way to clean it from their perspective and the fact that it showed up that way is an issue they do not want to hear. I'm looking at Canon for my next unit.

• Ha
      23rd of Apr, 2011

Worst customer service I've ever had.

www.hatehp.co.uk

• Ry
      3rd of Oct, 2011

Their support is completely clueless. I asked a simple question which they are supposed to know. The woman hadn't a clue. She didn't answer my question and I rephrased it THREE times. Each time in more simple terms than the last. She hadn't a clue about computers and it was just pitiful. She said she was the Store Sales Executive.