Heritage Web Solutions / scam company!

My nightmare began May 9th when I hired Heritage Web Solutions to design my new internet business. Unfortunately, I did not search for complaints against Heritage Web Solutions on the internet. Being the optimistic type, I was only searching for professional web designers and hosting companies that seemed reliable, trained, and professional. My final decision to hire this company was based on their extensive and impressive internet advertisements.

They sounded great, but little did I know at the time, that they had no intentions of helping me build a marketable web business that would produce income. I was only money to them! They did not live up to their promises, and it has cost me a lot of money, valuable time, and unnecessary stress! I was so upset that I could not sleep and all I did was cry. I am a hardworking, self sufficient, single Mom who is counting on this business for extra income to pay for my daughter's college tuition next year!

However, after dealing with them for two weeks it became apparent that I had made a huge mistake in putting all of my confidence and money into Heritage Web Solutions. By the third week, I had figured out all of their scheming business tactics. They are so good at lying and deceiving people, they probably conduct mandatory 'scam training classes' for all of their employees.

In essence, I paid them $850.00 for a website and shopping cart to be setup. I paid them another $300.00 for a logo (which was a couple of pieces of clip art stuck together, and they didn't even use my company name as instructed.)

After two bad attempts of getting a cheap and ugly logo, I told them, to forget it, but they would not refund my money because according to their contract, if they did any work at all, my money would not be refunded. The account manager assured me that I would not have to pay for it until they designed something I liked, but my card was billed the very next day.

That same day, I also purchased 4 dibs (scroll boxes) for a total of $200.00 to go on the first page, but that never happened as planned, because the totally wrong layout they chose, would not incorporate it, so they put one dip on first page and that caused the whole page to scroll, instead the whole plan was to have them accent the individual topics so they could be seen right away.

Then they just put each topic one after the other, at the bottom of the page , therefore; no one could see what was available unless they took the time to keep scrolling way down the page!! I added a $300.00 forum, and a $125.00 calendar, which no work was ever done at all concerning these two items, because I did not approve the useless layout of the design. The more they worked the more chopped up it became.

This would never have happened, if they had listened to what I needed and wanted in the first place. I have several emails of what I wanted my website to look like, what I needed it to do, and what I wanted, and my color choices. They asked me for all of this information in the beginning, stating they could not start work without it, but they apparently did not look over and read any of it.

Did anyone ever take anything I stated into consideration? No! They did exactly what they wanted to do, and tried to get me to approve a website with two home pages, slowly loading full pages and half pages, all done with the wrong layout! The entire left side of the design was useless and bare.

To make a long story short, they are not qualified to produce the results they advertise. They also do not live up to what they tell you on the phone. They would call me and talk a good game, but then still not produce or listen to my important input. Since they couldn't design the right website within the 4 week time frame they promised, I was billed $49.00 for June hosting too.

All in all, I paid them a total of $1,524.99 and I am still not in business, because I will not accept a website that is not built to support my business. I would be ashamed for anyone to visit that site.
Anyway, I ended up sending an email to the owner and this is his reply below: (for privacy purposes I have deleted my last name)

Dear Ms. ******

I will bring your concern to the attention of the V.P. of design and ask him to look into it. If the work is shoddy, then Heritage will remedy it. If we are 'chasing a ghost', then our best efforts have to be sufficient.

Jeremy, will you please review this account and see that we communicate with Ms. Story.

Respectfully,

Mark Strong
Heritage Web Solutions

Please note, the use of Mr. Strongs his arrogant words. The email confirmed that I was correct in my observation of their sleazy and uncaring business practices, and compounded by biggest fear that the deception goes straight to the top of the corporate ladder! Again, they had no intentions to do a good job. They were also not 'chasing a ghost.' What I wanted, paid for, and expected, was not impossible by any means! They take and keep people's money by hiding behind their terms of agreement. As far as I am concerned, the minute they billed my credit card, they 'accepted my terms of agreement' meaning that would to live up to their promises and what they advertised to get my business.

In the email I sent to Mr. Strong, I forwarded one letter that I had sent to a supervisor. In the email, I went into great detail about everything I had been through to date and again had to waste more time in explaining how I wanted each page to look and what I needed each page of my site to do. Week before last, I got tired of sounding like a broken record, and going being stressed to the max, so I sent an another email to Mr. Strong explaining that I no longer wanted their services or wanted to ever have to deal with their company again, and asked for a refund.

He did respond by stating that I could not be refunded any money due to the fact that I agreed to their terms of service. As for that, I abided by the contract in paying them for a custom website, it was them that did live up to the terms of agreement, so why should I settle for less than what I paid for and they promised?

At present I have hired another company to build my website, but I am in no way going to allow them to get away with what they did to me, and hopefully be able to make sure this does not happen to anyone else. So if anyone is in the process of suing them, etc. Please let me know and I will help you in anyway I can win your case too.

I will not go into all the details of everything; it would take all night to write it all! I just want to warn as many people as possible before they believe in this company and end up being scammed! Please investigate, check out, and get references before hiring a company that advertises on the internet.

This evening Mr. Strong sent me an email saying that, as per their terms of agreement, I was not entitled to any refund. He went on to state that they would work me until I was satisfied. After 10 weeks, I am tired of hearing this same promise, and after 10 weeks of being nervous and stressed over all the delays and uncaring staff at his company, I have decided, I will not allow myself to be a victim of their shady business practices any longer. I will not allow them to continue to destroy my mental health and my business! I will do whatever it takes to see that justice is done in my favor! I will no longer continue to give away money to a cold, ruthless, man! Again, if I can be of help to anyone else, let me know.

Un

Comments

• Su
      24th of Nov, 2007

All these people are not wrong. this company is a scam!

• Br
      3rd of Jun, 2008

Heritage Web Solutions values all of its customers, especially those who have voiced complaints. It is in our best interest to work with these customers to reach a reasonable and fair resolution. In most cases Heritage tries to go beyond what is fair for the company and errors on the side of the upset customer.

Words cannot express how truly sorry we are for some customers who, no matter what we do, are never truly satisfied. This is especially disheartening, as Heritage has the solid reputation of providing excellent customer service.

Some customers, as illustrated on this complaint website, have resorted to airing their grievances on the public Internet, in hopes of resolving their particular complaint. We do all that we can to help meet a fair resolution to their satisfaction.

However what becomes unfair to us, are those customers who we feel have received everything they have asked for, and more, but then take it upon themselves to have an ongoing vindication against Heritage. To us, there is nothing more we can do to satisfy them. They are who they are. Vindictive and angry people do more harm to themselves than they think they are doing against a company. It is sad but true.

Heritage Web Solutions, with a customer base of over 10, 000, receives less than one half of one percent in complaints. That is an impressively low number compared to the standards of today. We certainly would like to have zero complaints, but that is just not realistically possible. There will always be those people who cry foul, no matter what.

What you don’t see on this complaint website are all the positive emails and letters we receive daily from customers who are extremely happy with the service and work we have provided for them.

Heritage Web Solutions is a good, solid custom web design and hosting company that has an excellent rating with the Better Business Bureau and the Utah State Department of Commerce. We are ranked in the top 1% of web hosting companies in the United States and have recently been recognized by Inc 500.

If you feel that Heritage Web Solutions is not taking care of you, I would invite you to contact me at my personal email address at ceo@hwsinet.com, and I will personally follow up on your issue.

Warmest Regards,

Brad Stone
    CEO/Heritage Web Solutions.

• Pa
      7th of Sep, 2008

I feel the same way, These people are full of it!

• It
      20th of Mar, 2009

I also signed a contract with Heritage Web and after 9 months of on and off promises to complete a website I was told would be finished in 4 to 6 weeks, I finally gave up. It was a complete headache, killed the momentum I'd worked so hard to garner for my business. Promises that were made to rectify mistake after careless mistake without fail we're not kept.
    In the end I walked away from my 700 dollar deposit because I had no other options. They'd dicked me around in too many ways and I'd just had it. I never even want to look at my shoddy half a site they put up again. Ugh. Totally killed my dream of having a website. Worst experience ever.

• Ca
      14th of May, 2009

We have gotten many calls and emails from individuals complaining about other web developers and their practices. The following article may help anyone seeking web page development. It is entitled "Choosing a Web Developer"

• Re
      3rd of Oct, 2009

I agree with each and every COMPLAINT here, and beleive they are true. Like my self I got out when the getting was good. And lost only the start up fee of $200.00, thanks to Wells fargo Bank. This Web company has the worst customer service I ever have seen. They make big promises and do not deliver any thing but bull ### .

• Ty
      24th of Mar, 2010

I totally agree that their customer service is terrible. As a past employee I noticed that I could barely get in touch with someone about something concerning a project I was working on. It seemed that most of the customers were alwasy yelling at me about how bad their customer service was. Although there were many a days that I went way out of my way to help customers no matter what it took because I thought I would be doing HIT design a favor by helping these people.

I had several customers say that they were really happy with me and my work and that HIT design should have been thankful for having me as an employee. I got great responses from almost all the customers I designed or updated a site. Currently I'm no longer an employee of HIT design because they said that a customer complained about getting one of my e-mails for my business. HIT design said that was against their policy because I was advertising for myself.

I was wondering if they would fire all people for doing the same thing. Well no matter anyway one of my clients said that it was probably a blessing in disguise. I would spend more time on the phone's trying to get answers out of HIT than it actually took to do the project sometimes. Out of the fifty or so web sites I designed for them, I had to go way out of my way to keep customers at bay when they realized what they had gotten themselves into when they signed up for HIT services.

I was already accused of trying to take business from HIT but as a college educated freelance designer I know all companies advertise. If your looking for a desinger, hosting, sem, domain names etc... I can be contacted at: http://www.neo-symmetry.com

THX in Advance.

30th of Mar, 2011

FYI: The Heraldextra did not check out any facts and therefore its new release is flawed and primarily the words of a criminal defense attorney as well as other releases using this information.

One must ask who Sonny Olsen actually represents? Kevin Morrill i.e. isowebworks etc or Heritage Management Services, LLC aka Heritage Web Solutions aka Hit Web Design aka David Aiken, Mark Strong, Leah Young, Eddie Dockery, Bradford Stone? Remember that Kevin Morrill was a key management member of HIT and is family related to David Aiken. He claims to have quit March 4, 2011, the day that employees at Hit were made aware of the lies that were being told. Kevin claims to start up a new company within 4 days with 20 new employees from HIT. That takes a lot of capital, equipment, software and leads etc.

Why has Sonny Olsen participated in a campaign to clear Kevin Morrill and isowebworks. Isn’t this a conflict of interest?

Kevin Morrill told employees he was in the same boat as them. Kevin did not sleep in his car in the freezing cold because he was locked out of his apartment because he was not paid his wages. Kevin Morrill did not beg for patience to keep a roof over his head because he was not paid his waged for weeks and weeks. Kevin Morrill was paid.

One must ask how much money was taken from people under false or misrepresentation of products or services when the tax bill is 17.1 million. If 17.1 is representative of a 20 percent tax that would make the take $204 million dollars from around the world. Not to mention the Hatti donations that HIT took from its employees and the public. No one has released any confirmation that the funds taken in for Hatti actually went to Hatti.

HIT’s web pages for sales leads remained up and running for days before posting a notice of its closing.

Any former customer of HIT who has been contacted by Isowebworks, PPC Management or any related company should contact the Utah County Attorney’s office directly.

Ask yourself if the same people are running a new company with the same equipment, the same people, the same software that they have placed their new logo on, why would you expect different results?

30th of Mar, 2011

People have been scammed and defrauded. Attempting to profit there from is inappropriate.
    Anyone who wishes can prepare a site for free at http://demo.joomla.org/ It has been designed for non-programmers to get their sites up quickly and easily. Within minutes or the same day your site is up and running. The site you create will look professionally prepared for free.

You can do social sites, e-commerce sites, and much much more.
    Who uses Joomla?
    MTV Quizilla
    Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
    * MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) - http://www.quizilla.com
    * IHOP (Restaurant chain) - http://www.ihop.com
    * Harvard University (Educational) - http://gsas.harvard.edu
    * Citibank (Financial institution intranet) - Not publicly accessible
    * The Green Maven (Eco-resources) - http://www.greenmaven.com
    * Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) - http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
    * PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) - http://www.playshakespeare.com
    * Senso Interiors (Furniture design) - http://www.sensointeriors.co.za

Check out their sample sites and portfolios at http://community.joomla.org/showcase/
    A Joomla site through the Demo is hosted for the first 30 days for free on cloudaccess.net. You can move your site to any hosting company you desire.

If you need to add a feature to your site like a shopping cart the add-ons are free or have minimal costs of $0-$30. If you wish to change something the software helps you do that for free. If there is a feature that you would like and there is not an add-on available, you can make a request for help. The costs are reasonable. There are no high pressured sales people to worry about.

Joomla is type of software that allows companies like isowebworks and PPCmanagementllc to produce a website for your review quickly. They are not building your site nor coding to build your site. They use free open source packages like Joomla to build the sites. This software is available to the public (you) for free. Why pay someone else to do this when you can do it yourself with ease and for free. Before you pay someone to build your site give Joomla a try.

Joomla is a free open source content management system (CMS). Some companies put there name on top of the CMS and call it their product when in fact it is the work of many who have devoted their time to the free open source development projects.

We are not against anyone choosing to pay someone to create the sites using Joomla. We are only against not giving credit to the free open source community who actually developed the programs such as Joomla and disclosing its usage to the public.

Because of the short amount of time it takes to build a site with Joomla, use care when paying someone to build your site. Make sure they have actually built sites from scratch and understand CSS, XML, HTML, JavaScript, PHP, Perl, and AJAX at a minimum. Make sure they have and are building some sites from scratch or have disclosed to you that they only use a CMS. Make sure it is disclosed in your contract if they will build the code themselves and have qualified programmers or use free open source software.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
    1. Never sign a contract that does not provide a full refund if you are not satisfied with the product or service.
    2. Make sure that you do not pay for hosting until your site is live and functioning the way you requested.
    3. Make sure that you ”own” your site code with no strings attached except payment for the building of the site as agreed to in writing.
    4. Never sign an agreement that does not require a deadline for building the site or provides for phased rollout with deadlines of features. You can even request that there is a penalty for each day the site is past the due date to motivate the completion of the site.
    5. Never agree to jurisdiction outside of your own state or country.
    6. Never agree that the full price as been earned or is due unless the site is built to your satisfaction.
    7. Make sure you have documentation of what is in scope of your request and what is out of scope for your request. Get it in writing.
    8. Never let anyone pressure into purchasing anything. Tell them that you need to review it with your partners and that until you have your partner”s sign off you can not make the purchase. Then take the time to research and review the information before you buy. Get a family member or trusted friend to be your partner in helping you make the decision. Get three opinions before you buy. If you are uncomfortable in any way don’t buy. It is better to wait than be sorry.
    9. Always read the terms of the agreement before you sign. If you don’t like the terms you can change them. Any company that is unwilling to work with you on the terms is giving you a sign of what is ahead. Run don’t walk away from a company that is unwilling to work with your terms.

30th of Mar, 2011

Service of complaints either district or small claims can be served upon Sonny Olsen Registered Agent at Heideman, McKay, Heugly & Olsen 2696 North University Avenue, Suite 180, Provo, UT 84604-3863. It just needs to be served upon the law firm to someone 18 years old or above. Get the name of the person at the front desk upon whom you hand the documents and their position with the firm. Make sure it is served with a Summons. Small claims documents are usually all in one documents. Read them to make sure. Document due need to be served pursuant to Utah Rules of Civil Procedures Rule 4 you can read this at the following: http://www.utcourts.gov/resources/rules/urcp/urcp004.html

You can send your demand for payment to Mr. Olsen at solsen@hmho-law.com.