HDFC Credit Card / excess charges of hdfc credit card
I, VIJAY ARTHER working at Taj Residency, Lucknow as a HR Supervisor from 01st Feb. 2007, I am holding a credit Card No. [protected] which I have opened in the last year i.e. 2006. Just to brief about my problem which I am facing currently with the HDFC Credit Card division. I did my shopping from Big Baazar in Lucknow of Rs. 1330/= (One Thousand Three Hundred Thirty Only) and I have received a bill of Rs. 1330/- with some extra charges (late fees charges) which I have made a cheque of Rs. 1330/- the actual amount which I did a shopping and the extra amount payment which they have charged me I have not paid any amount for that I wrote an application dated 28.06.2006 (Enclosed as an attachment) to the Manager – HDFC Bank (Credit Card Division) Hazratganj Branch, Lucknow for waving off my late payment charges.
Sir, I have given my correspondence address as well as my office address with my personal mobile no. and office phone no. Later on I have not received any intimation from the HDFC Bank for the payment of my late fees charges till date. During that time I have changed my correspondence address which I was unable to intimate to the HDFC Credit Card division. But I was continuously getting in touch with my previous correspondence address that I got to know that there was no letter received by them the persons who are living there currently. Sir, please let me know if the person have changed his/her correspondence address that Bank would not be responsible for to contact me to my office address and I have not received any phone calls instead of giving my personal contact no which is currently in working condition and my office contact no also.
I was surprised when I checked my account balance from the Bank it was showing Rs. 2790/= but I was unable to withdraw my balance amount from the ATM. On checking with the HDFC bank I got to know that due to unpaid payment of credit card. And when I have contacted Credit Card division I got to know that I need to pay of Rs. 4986.00 (Four Thousand Nine Hundred Eighty Six rupees only) which I am not in condition to pay this much of amount. I have accepted that I have to check back with the HDFC but they can also contact me to my alternate office address and call me on my mobile no. but I have received any call or any intimation to my office address. And after 1 year when the charges is Rs. 4986.00 then they have ceased my bank account.
It really troubling me a lot and I am really very disappointed. I hope HDFC will take an appropriate action as I am not ready to pay any interest. I Hope HDFC will understand my Situation...
More HDFC Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Smartpay, HDFC - deactivate facility 
- HDFC Home Loan - agreement fooling customers 
- HDFC Bank Ltd - releaving and full and final settlement of my providend fund and pending salary 
- HDFC Bank Personal Loan - delay in the processing 
- HDFC Bank Atm Debit Card - atm txn declined, money debited from sb nre a/c of hdfc bank 
- HDFC Bank - non settlement of full and final payment as well as pf 
- HDFC Bank - hdfc bank — negative balance for non-maintenance of minimum balance." 
- HDFC Bank, Branch Prince Anwar Shah Road Kolkata, Branch Code 1219 - savings account opened with product code 100 against my requirement for pension account
- HDFC Bank - credit card one assist service for card damage 5459648905404191
- HDFC Bank - staff don't know what to do exactly when a customer has nre account.