HDFC Credit Card / excess charges of hdfc credit card

1 India Review updated:

I, VIJAY ARTHER working at Taj Residency, Lucknow as a HR Supervisor from 01st Feb. 2007, I am holding a credit Card No. [protected] which I have opened in the last year i.e. 2006. Just to brief about my problem which I am facing currently with the HDFC Credit Card division. I did my shopping from Big Baazar in Lucknow of Rs. 1330/= (One Thousand Three Hundred Thirty Only) and I have received a bill of Rs. 1330/- with some extra charges (late fees charges) which I have made a cheque of Rs. 1330/- the actual amount which I did a shopping and the extra amount payment which they have charged me I have not paid any amount for that I wrote an application dated 28.06.2006 (Enclosed as an attachment) to the Manager – HDFC Bank (Credit Card Division) Hazratganj Branch, Lucknow for waving off my late payment charges.

Sir, I have given my correspondence address as well as my office address with my personal mobile no. and office phone no. Later on I have not received any intimation from the HDFC Bank for the payment of my late fees charges till date. During that time I have changed my correspondence address which I was unable to intimate to the HDFC Credit Card division. But I was continuously getting in touch with my previous correspondence address that I got to know that there was no letter received by them the persons who are living there currently. Sir, please let me know if the person have changed his/her correspondence address that Bank would not be responsible for to contact me to my office address and I have not received any phone calls instead of giving my personal contact no which is currently in working condition and my office contact no also.

I was surprised when I checked my account balance from the Bank it was showing Rs. 2790/= but I was unable to withdraw my balance amount from the ATM. On checking with the HDFC bank I got to know that due to unpaid payment of credit card. And when I have contacted Credit Card division I got to know that I need to pay of Rs. 4986.00 (Four Thousand Nine Hundred Eighty Six rupees only) which I am not in condition to pay this much of amount. I have accepted that I have to check back with the HDFC but they can also contact me to my alternate office address and call me on my mobile no. but I have received any call or any intimation to my office address. And after 1 year when the charges is Rs. 4986.00 then they have ceased my bank account.

It really troubling me a lot and I am really very disappointed. I hope HDFC will take an appropriate action as I am not ready to pay any interest. I Hope HDFC will understand my Situation...

Comments

• Ra
      1st of Apr, 2008

Dear Sir,

I m ausing this card since last year. Credit limit is only 13000/- . I have givin too many request to in crease the crdit limit with my salary slip as an proff but not increased yet. My use is near abt 15000/- per month. After taking the proof they didnt increase limit but never told me that why not increasing the limit. I was thinking that after taking the proof limit has increased. Thats why in next swap they put some over limit charges. After that i had discussion then Cust Care Exec told me to pay 900/- in cash and 9900/- by cheque so that all dispute can be resolved.

I did the same even though i paid 100/- more. But when i was in abrod in next month then again some intrest charges, service tax charges, over limit changes etc were there. I called from there but Caust Care Exe told me that you have to pay. I denied to pay so i want to know why this hassasment of customer is going on. that amount in conineously incresing and today i have cancelled the card as well. But i dont want to pay those extra charges.

I have already paid the amount by which i have done the shopping.
    So please tell me how i can complaint againt bank and also can fire a case or complaint in RBI.

So that necessary action can be taken on this.
    Thanks & Regards
    Rajeev Kumar

• Sh
      25th of Jul, 2008

Sir, HDFC credit card customer care

I was approached by your DSA M/s. Rohini Finance Solution, mumbai.

Ms. Priya (Team manager) approached me for gold card against my gold city card (limit is 1, 80, 000 ). lifetime free no charges. I was frequenty called by them. Finally i submitted all the necessary latest documents to Mr. Pramod hegishte (executive on 5.7.08) verification done.

Today i got a call from a gentlemen that it was revoked, i need to submit fresh credit card statement.

My application no. is 14360907.

Tel. no. called by the person is 022- 6708 2142, 48

Now i should know the status. why reverted. it is a nucence of frequent calls disturbing us.

asking for fresh documents.

Now at least the co. should provide to DSA & DSP I-cards to the executive and visiting card. so that we can contact them.

I beleive that these jobs are done only for target purpose same leads given or passed to other credit card co.

awiting your reply. shankar 099870 14345 (Airtel)

0251- 2486235 residence no.

Tel. no. called by team manager is 022- 6708 2139, 40,

5th of Sep, 2008

2 months ago i got my creditcard but still i didn't get my creditcard ATM pin no

• Ik
      5th of Oct, 2010

"WITHIN 7 WORKING DAY"
    I was looking for Credit Cards once, and by chance I got a call from hdfc that they are issuing credit cards "within 7 working days". So I said yes to them and they told me to submit some documents and my response to them is once again yes.
    In first week,
    I was searching in internet for any complaints are posted against them and I found a lot in this forum. But I still make some courage and decided to submit the documents they asked for, and I got a call from Customer Care(cc) informing me that a person from hdfc came to my office for collecting the docs so I submitted all the documents to that person and asked him that when I will be getting my card, he told me "within 7 working days".
    After that I got call from Cc asking me that did I submitted the documents. After this confirmation I once again asked the customer care executive, when I will be getting my card. She told me "within 7 working days".
    Second week
    Then I had verification in my home and in my office. They used to call my official IP phone many times asking for verification and asking me the same question many times(like my name, my address).
    Third Week
    I called the CC and asked them about my credit card status. They told me that they send me a letter regarding submitting my office address in any of their hdfc branch. I told them that I didn't received any thing like that. But out of no way, I went to hdfc branch and drop my office address in their drop zone box. This time, they provide me with some extra info i.e. Ref no:10072919331440s1 for future contact.
    Fourth Week
    No response yet.
    Then same process, I called the CC, they told me my status is on hold as they didn't received my letter with office address. I told them that I dropped it in their hdfc branch. But they asked me to do it once again. I was really p***** off by this and told them that I didn't need such cards.
    Fifth Week
    I got a call from the cc executive that they will be sending some person to get my signature on some forms, and he assured this is last process after which I will be getting the card "within 7 working days". But I was out of office on those days and I asked them to send him next week, they said ok.
    Sixth Week
    After coming back from vacation, I called them and "to my surprise" and I got the same response that my application status is on hold and I need to submit some document in their branch.
    I didn't talk this time instead I hang up the phone.
    Seventh Week
    After one week, I got a call from an hdfc person as he was waiting in our office reception for getting signature in some forms and I signed it and asked him the same question that I used to. When I will be getting my card? and the same response "within 7 working days".

Its been two more week had gone and not yet received any response
    I think we all need to understand what is the actually meaning of "within 7 working days."
    According to my assumption may be they are working one day in a week which can be better interpreted like "within 7 weeks" or "within 7 months" instead of mention working days.