Hawaiian Airlines / service

Posted: Feb 9, 2018 by   User
My family of five was scheduled for Flight HA 11 from SFO to HNL with a departure time of 8:55am. At around 8:16am, there was an announcement regarding the flight being delayed for 7 hours with a new scheduled departure of 4:30pm. When we were all moved to a different gate, we stood in line for about 20-30 minutes when another announcement came on asking everyone with the delayed flight to take a seat and that accommodations would be made. We sat and waited for a while and around 9:40am, I noticed people who had been on the delayed flight were able to check into the another flight, 41. So I went to wait in line to ask if we could be accommodated. After getting to the counter, Christina said it was possible and stated she needed everyone up at the counter. I signaled to my family but as we were boarding, I realized my husband wasn't there. I called him and he had gone out of the gate area thinking we would not be accommodated. We came back out of the tunnel area and I apologized and told Christina we would wait for the 4:30pm flight since my husband wasn't there. At this, she became upset and yanked the tickets from my hand and all three of my kids' hand, visibly angry. I apologized again and she made a comment stating "This is why I asked if everyone in your party was here." I responded that I thought we were. She then raised her voice stating that "you guys are the reason why this flight (41) is delayed". As upset and frustrated as I already was about a 7- hour delay, I did respond that it wouldn't have happened if the original flight wasn't delayed. Also, at this time, there were still other customers who were going into the tunnel area. This is my family's first time flying with Hawaiian Airlines and it has been a complete mess with rude service. When there are flights delayed for 7.5 hours, I would think that the airline would better train their employees to understand the frustration of its customers instead of blaming them for causing another delayed flight or yanking tickets out of kids' hands when there are additional people boarding after.
Complaint comments Comments (4)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Airlines

Comments

N  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
They were not rude to you at all. You need to get your fact straight and make sure your whole family is with you before saying that they are. They wasted time printing out tickets for you when your husband was not there.Things like what you did, not being prepared is also what causes flight delays.
N  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@ccarede It was not my husband's fault. He did not know that we would be accommodated. Unfortunately my three children and myself were tired and frustrated because of this. My children were cranky and and crying. I hit my youngers across the face and they called airport security. The airport security took down my information will be contacting social services because a lot of people were upset because i was calling my kids names and swearing them. I know that hitting my child and taking out my frustration on her is wrong, but this delay caused me a lot of stress. Yeah I did blame my husband for what happened. I started yelling at him. I told him that if he stayed with us we could have gotten on the flight. This is when my kids interrupted. I got angry and started swearing at them, and calling the names. Saying that all of them ruined their vacation. Then my husband told me not to take my anger out on the kids. I started yelling and swearing at him. This is when security was called and they told me that they were passing on the complaints about me mistreating my children to social services.
D  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
I would have been upset with you, as well. The gate attendant went to the trouble of helping you, and you lied to her about your entire family being there. Before having her go to all that work, you should have double checked to make sure you were actually all there. I mean seriously, how could you not tell that your husband wasn't there?
N  9th of Feb, 2018 by  User  Agree Disagree 0 Votes
@DontStartWithMe Maybe her husband walked away from her because she embarrases him. I am sure the update she made about abusing her children and yelling at her husband is trolling, but if not she needs serious help. If this is true, her husband need to divorce her for not only his safety but his kids safety, and keep her from the kids until she gets psychological help.

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree