Hathway Internet Connection / slow speed 2kbps for 1mbps connection

1 India Review updated:

I renewed Hathway – Regular “64 kbps unlimited” connection to Free way – xtra 1:2 “256 kbps unlimited” with customer ID 194137 on September 17, 2007 for half yearly package and paid the full amount in advance. I was guaranteed net speed in-between 120 – 140 kbps but right from the day one the speed was around 20 – 30 kbps. On registering complaint several times, it took Hathway internet three days to send the technical representative to resolve the issue but even the tech representative was unable to resolve the issue and promised to get back to me within two days with resolution. Upon pursuing the complaint they say the complaint is in-process and the tech representative will be there by the end of the day. Still waiting for the tech representative to respond!

Beware!

Comments

• Pr
      5th of Jul, 2008

Its the same story in Coimbatore too...The customer care is too bad...I spoke with Anu, Aarthi, Surya, Prakash, etc...Also with Jeevitha in Chennai office, who is highly irresponsible with her answers...I have been calling a salesperson named Ashok who always promises me that he will come to my place in 10 minutes or 1 hour; but never did that for atleast a week's time...After that i placed a complaint/request to provide the internet connection. The next day came the most irresponsible salesperson named Vinoba...He is a guy filled with dirty promises..I have told him several times that i will be registering with him only if the customer service is good and wont encourage false promises...He shook his head like a pendulum and grabbed my money and went away...The cabling guy Siva came to my place and analysed the possibilities and told me that it will take a maximum of two days to do the cable work (for 200 metres). I agreed and also asked him not to delay beyond that. Only after that the real problem started. I have been chasing Vinoba, the salesperson and was calling the customer care and explaining the problem 'n' number of times. No one has responded properly and atlast i managed to get a call from Mr. Nirmal, who calls himself as the head of the customer care. He too is not aware of whats going on and told me that he will be calling back. I requested him to provide me the higher official or a responsible person who can take action to make things work. No one including this guy has given me the number, instead asked me to mail the complaints. The same day i went to their office in Coimbatore and met Stephen.J, Network Engineer, who calls himself as the Tech. head of Coimbatore. He too tried to avoid me initially by just talking with some of his colleagues about my problem in the name of clarification. But I made a statement clearly that something has to be done to take an action against the irresponsible persons and to give proper reason and to promise that it wont happen again by a responsible person if there is anyone in Hathway. To conclude, we should take this issue to the consumer court and make them to realise that they have to work for their money that has been paid by Hathway through us. Send a reply or post your interests if you wish to join me...We have to unite, else they will misuse us...

• Mo
      9th of Jul, 2008

i have complane u not yet any respons i get my complane no, 1596878 u r servas is 24hrs but i have complane on 2nd july2008 not yet any responce yrt get

• Kp
      21st of Jul, 2008

no connectivity in internet connection.