Harvey Norman / smartstrand carpet

1 Melbourne Metro Area, Victoria, Australia

I have always been unable to remove strains from my Smartstrand carpet but have just recently found this online option for complaints. I initially complained to the store where I purchased it (Harvey Norman - Chadstone, Victoria). I was told that:
- as they were the new franchisee that they could not help me with the problem despite the guarantee.
- I was told to get it cleaned by a carpet cleaner who was a member of their professional association. I did this at my cost and was told that I would have to pay more as it is a smartstrand carpet and that it was probable that the stains would all wick to the surface again. This was exactly what happened.
- I was given a free bottle of carpet shampoo which did not remove the stains.
I feel completely abandoned by Harvey Norman and have not shopped at your store since. Your guarantee's are totally worthless and I have wasted many thousands of dollars. I will need to replace the carpet as it is now disgusting to look at with multiple dark linear stains from moving furniture, dirt from foot traffic, food spillage and the occasional animal (cat) stain. The advertisement you were running at the time where multiple animals lived on the carpet and when cleaned it came up spotless is absolutely ludicrous.

Ci