Hartford Insurance / Harrasment

United States Review updated:
4.4
Currently watching how they seem to be attempting to harass and cheat an elderly neighbor. A 73 year old widow whose house took a battering in Hurricane Ike. Currently they are attempting to force her to sign a waiver which claims that NONE of the damage to her property was caused by Ike. If this was so then none of the damage or the flooding that any of her neighbors suffered was also to do with Ike. In fact according to the dubious character who called at her home, it's as though Ike just never happened. This is ludicrous since she can document that her house was re-roofed only recently. Watch this space. I'm thinking a report to the BBB following this will be in order. I would seriously hate to be in the position of attempting to get anything out of these people. This in my opinion is a bad insurance company. No one in their right mind would have a policy with them with this level of carry-on.
Ra

Comments

Jo
  21st of Nov, 2008
Similar experience with them. They bully and lie to the elderly. SCAM!
Be
  5th of Feb, 2009
The fact of the matter is that employees of insurance companies are directed, and even rewarded, when they are able to turn down a claim. I recently tried to file a claim with the Hartford auto insurance, and was turned down. They cited a technicality in my policy about how quickly I reported my claim and denied it. Now I'm stuck with $4000 in repairs to my vehicle! Remind me, why do I have car insurance again???
Ca
  20th of May, 2010
Instead of the BB, file with the Federal Trade Commission and State Attorney General's office in their respective state for an investigation and maybe even a discrimination case with the elderly organizations in your state. Contact your local TV stations and their consumer divisions for a human interest story. Hartford Insurance and others all spend millions of dollars each year on advertisement, putting this information out for the public to see what happens and telling what they do if they think no one will do or say anything is another. All of our dealings with Hartford Insurance company were fraudulent. Our rep from AARP could not tell the truth if he even knew how to tell the truth - he lied and lied and lied. Guess what, we are senior adults but senior adults who are consumer wise. We paid everything with a credit card and then challenged the charge with our evidence. GET IT IN WRITING and THEN SOCK IT TO THEM!! We even have started taping conversations (like they do) to use against them if they are committing fraud. Get their approval first - they never think about the ramifications down the road.
Ro
  18th of Nov, 2010
Never never puchase insurance form them. If you do you will be sorry.

The Hartford Financial Services Group Logo The Hartford Financial Services Group
Overall Satisfaction Rating