Harlem Furniture / POOR quality/deceptive practices
If you want disposable furniture, shop at Harlem Furniture. I've spent close to $5000 on a bedroom set and leather living room sofa/loveseat/chair/ottoman set...and ALL are Chinese made GARBAGE! I will explain further.
In December 2004, I spent close to $3000 on a king bedroom set. Very nice looking, but poor quality laminated particleboard garbage. The set was unused until I moved in July 2006. The bed has since become totally unstable and unrepairable, with the metal connectors on the frame ripping thru the pressed-wood bedframe. The entire bed wobbles and creaks if there is ANY movement on it.
At the same time I moved in July '06, we bought the leather living room set. We were sold a leather protection package that covers anything that might happen to the leather surfaces. Well, when we received the documents for the extended warranty, there were exclusions listed that would eliminate repairs for anything other than the leather just disintegrating on it's own! Finally, a couple of nights ago, the front frame of the sofa broke completely in two, making the whole sofa sag in the middle! When I contacted Harlem Furniture, they said there was nothing they could do. [censored]. Any reputable company would try to offer some resolution, but not these crooks. They just take your money & run.
Bottom line is...don't be sucked in by their "free financing" plans. Their furniture is crap. It is overpriced. You are paying for the financing in the price of the garbage. If anyone wants pictures of the crap in question, just shoot me an e-mail.
More Harlem Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Harlem Furniture - Damage done with no resolution 
- Harlem Furniture - Attempt to circumvent warranty!
- Harlem Furniture - Lack of competence and service! 
- Harlem Furniture - Harlem sold my couch from under me, after taking my money.
- Harlem Furniture - Terrible company
- Harlem Furniture - Do Not Buy
- Harlem Furniture - Insurance is BULLS**T 
- Harlem Furniture - THE WARRANTY YOU PURCHASE COVERS NOTHING
- Harlem Furniture - Refuse to give a full refund
- Harlem Furniture - substandard furnitures with no warranty