Hardee's / service

1 Madison StreetShelbyville, TN, United States Review updated:

I visited the resturant on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 during the lunch hour. The person working the drive thru window seemed to be frustrated with the busy crowd, which is understandable. However, when I was there at the window waiting to receive my drinks that were ordered, the lady was filling one cup and reached for the lids with the other hand, grabbing both at the same time. She was unable to seperate the lids with the one hand so she proceeded to use her mouth the seperate them, then placed them on the cups. When she turned to hand me the cups I informed her I didn't want those cups because I sat there and watched her use her mouth on them. She seemed even more agitated as she throw them away and fixed more drinks for us. As this was going on a lady (whom I thought was a customer), was leaning on the counter talking with another employee. She then came into the kitchen area and fixed her a drink then walked back out. This lady was dressed in what seemed to be her pajamas that looked to have been very dirty.

Because of my work schedule I was unable to address the problem with a manager at that time so I returned to the resturant that evening when I left my job and asked for a manager. When the manager came to the counter she just happened to be the lady from earlier that day whom I thought was a customer fixing her own drink. When I told her my experince she told me that the lady shouldn't have done that and she offered me a free combo the next time I came in. Her work uniform looked just as unkept as her daily attire. It looked as if it had been worn several times without being wahsed, not just faded but filthy.

I reported the incident because of the health risk of passing who know what kind of germs, and for this employee to get more training if needed. I don't know when or if I'll return to Hardee's therefore I didn't want a "free combo".

Thanks for allowing me to voice this matter,
Tamora Rippy

Comments

• Ge
      14th of May, 2009

The Hardees in Stevens Point, WI., ABOUT A YEAR AGO THE MANAGER CALLED ME A ###, jEFF WAS HIS NAME I BELIEVE

• Pe
      1st of Mar, 2011

I just went to Hardee's for a quick drive thru lunch. - LOL - no such thing there!!!
    I just sat for 30 minutes in line with just 3 cars in front of me. I sat and watched 4 cars pull out of line and drive off. Then when I got to the window the girl apoligizes for the wait and tells me that "the people in the back won't do their job"!!! They are losing alot of business because of their inability to move their order along. I won't go back though - I will go to Arby's or Wendy's or somewhere that services their customers!!!
    Terrible service and then the food was horrible too!!! Sad!!!