Hank's Fine Furniture / Bad customer service

Springfield MO, United States

I bought a couch at Hank's in Springfield, MO, and was told it would be available for me to pick up the following week. On the day I was to pick it up, I got a call from the salesman telling me it would be another 3-4 weeks. When I told him that was unacceptable, he said he'd "see what he could do."

When I hadn't heard from him for 4 days, I went to the store. The manager was "out" so I dealt with the assistant manager. He told me it wasn't their fault, it was the manufacturer. When I asked about a refund, he told me there would be a 25% restocking fee. How on earth could they charge a restocking fee for something which was never in stock? When I made it clear I would not be paying a dime, and I would get a full refund, he became condescending and rude. He finally offered me the floor model. I inspected it, and found it to be in excellent condition. I finally have a couch!

I did some quick internet research and found at least three other Hank's customers who went through the same ripoff - paying for
furniture, only to find out it would be delayed weeks or months, then being charged hundreds of dollars in "restocking fees."

I am a very calm person and have 27 years of experience working with difficult and volatile people. It's not easy to get me riled. My
experience with Hank's managed to do just that. I won't forget it.

There are a dozen reputable furniture stores in Springfield. I will never step foot in Hank's Fine Furniture again.

Sp