Gutter Helmet / Don't waste your money and time

United States Review updated:

Don't waste your time or money with this product. If it gets dirty at all it doesn't work and is next to impossible to clean. The salesperson will show you an example on how it is installed, which is under the first layer of your existing shingles. In my case they installed gutter helmet on top of my shingles screwing through the shingles causing them to leak. Upon complaint, the representative explained that mine was a typical installation and the leak was probably from some other source even though the roof is only five years old. Also, if you have a valley on your roof, they install a screen over the gutter which allows debris to pass through and clog your gutter which they will not clean and is very hard to do. The system does keep the leaves out but will still cause water to drip on your head and your eaves to rot.

Sv

Comments

• Al
      Jul 15, 2017

I just found out our roof too is all rotted along the gutter and the roofer who is A rated on Angie's List as well as respected by myself says these are products just to be sold, they are not made for houses. The leaks we had he said were from the screws.