Gumtree / gumtree ripped me off!!!

London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:

Gumtree is a fake organization which steals cash from people's accounts.

* most of the 'ad responders' are fake staff who are paid by gumtree agents to give the impression that appropriate feedback is being given.

* gumtree also stole money from my credit card without publishing my ad, and is now refusing to refund my cash.

*my advice to everybody is pure and simple : avoid gumtree featured adverts. Do not pay gumtree for any featured advertising. If you must post your ads on gumtree, then post your adverts on there for free. Do not pay gumtree a dime.

Thanks.

— forwarded message —
From: *
To: [protected]@gumtree.com
Sent: sat, october 10, 2009 8:27:13 pm
Subject: re: your gumtree ad - confirmation and receipt

Dear gumtree

Kindly refund this cash, as none of the adverts (Below) were appropriately featured.

To this effect, gumtree has now stolen a total of almost £40 from my account for the following 2 adverts which were never duly featured.

I want my money paied back to my card or I will sue you for £1, 000, 000 for each day that you delay.

Thank you.

From: gumtree.com <[protected]@gumtree.com>
To: *
Sent: fri, october 9, 2009 1:51:25 am
Subject: your gumtree ad - confirmation and receipt

Thanks for your featured ad: red mazda * posted in belfast used cars

* your posting ref is *

Gumtree.com ltd, po box 751, richmond, surrey tw9 1tz
Vat registration number: [protected]

Please print this email if you require a vat receipt

What happens now?

Your ad will be appearing at the top of the listings as a featured ad, as well as in the regular listings, shortly (It can take up to 3-4 hours to pass through the gumtree system). Your ad will stay at the top of the listings pages as a featured ad for 14 days. After that time it will stop being a featured ad but will remain in the regular listings until it expires.

Editing/ deleting/ re-featuring your ad

You can edit, delete or re-feature your ad at anytime using the "edit/ delete an ad" button on the gumtree homepage.

Need help?

If you have any questions or need help with your ad you can find everything you need in gumtree help:

Good luck with your ad!
The gumtree team

— forwarded message —
From: gumtree.com <[protected]@gumtree.com>
To: *
Sent: fri, october 9, 2009 2:09:11 am
Subject: your gumtree ad - confirmation and receipt

Thanks for your featured ad: just arrived : mercedes * posted in belfast used cars

* your posting ref is *

Good luck with your ad!
The gumtree team

_
Do you yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around

Comments

• Ex
      27th of Apr, 2010

my name is Jerry Semanda from EXPRESSS LAPTOP REPAIR featured ad:
    Apple Mac Desktop & Laptop Repair =Same Day + All makes and models. posted
    I would like to find ou why my ad isn't live or working and i paid
    I will really appreciate if you could let me know what i done wrong @ [protected]@hotmail.co.uk/ call me on 02088750379
    I Waiting to hear from you as soon as possible so that i Other ways to move my business forword

25th of Aug, 2011

IT SEEMS IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, AND I AM SURE THAT THE AMOUNT OF CLICKS ON AN AD IS FAKE. IN MOST COUNTRIES IT'S LAW TO BE ABLE TO DELETE AN ACCOUNT ON THE INTERNET