Guardsman / Furniture Protection Plan

IL, United States Review updated:

Had Similar problems as everyone else. When I purchased the protection plan from American, I was told that if I got any stain on the furniture they would come out and clean it immediately if I just call the number. When I did call the number they make you send back to them a form that they mail to you a week later and then you have to wait for them to call you. Then when they call, they want you to send in photos. I stated why do you need photos, the plan states that if I have a stain you will come out and fix it. They say different types of stains require different cleaning methods. Sounds like "the run around", I have had cleaning companies clean different couches in the past and they never made me submit pictures first. I also paid close to $200 for this plan of which they do nothing. I would have be better off keeping my money and paying someone later to come out in clean it. It is a big scam!

Comments

• Te
      Jul 21, 2011

The Guardsman Protection Plan is a scam. I purchased the fabric protection plan with the purchase of a sofa two months ago. When my teenager stained the sofa with his dirty feet, I filed a claim. After waiting for 2 weeks, I was told that the plan did not cover this type of stain. They could not have cared less about helping me. They just kept reading me the contract.
    I will never buy a Guardsman plan again. It is a waste of money. I am going back to the furniture retailer that sold me the plan and ask for a refund.