Green Tree Servicing LLC / Insurance scam/bad records keeping

1 IN, United States Review updated:

Occasionally (every 2-3 yrs) they have been demanding proof of insurance even though we have never been late (automatic debit) on a payment to them or to our insurance (also automatic). From all the horror stories I hear, its only a matter of time they decide they've never received proof (even though insurance automatically sends such each renewal, and upon receipt of such letters, I fax proof 2x a week for 2 months, never getting a confirmation) and sign us up w/ their insurance. I am seeing potential scam here. Their records keeping must be abysmal. I always advise people, stay away from Green Tree. They should be audited

Comments

• Sh
      1st of Apr, 2011

I agree. 3 times I had to request a form to cancel Greentree's purchased insurance - even though I and my insurance company sent them proof of insurance. They were charging $3, 300 a year and added to our principle without even telling us the insurance had been purchased. I found out when I noticed a spike in my principle balance. They did not even send me a form to sign, stating I agreed to the insurance and the charges. They just did it.

Isn't that illegal? If they are going to purchase & charge you for something - shouldn't you have to sign for it? To me that falls under fraud and identity theft as I never agreed or signed to get the insurance. $3, 300 a year for limited coverage that barely covers the market value of the dwelling (not even what you owe or your personal belongings?) Come on, my home owners insurance is only $800 a year and covers everything in my home.

• Py
      10th of Apr, 2011

Green Tree servicing llc contracted out to five brothers which sub contracted to a unlicenses unbonded company by the name of Webb closure and cleanout, all papers were in order, signed by us for one acre of land with a doublewide on it. we wired the money to the closing agent and at this time Webb closure and cleanout dumped in the garage 250 containers of old paint, 5 gal., and 1 gal. papers are signed, received, taxes, irrigation paid and we went out to see our new purchase. You can still hear me screeming about this. It starts with First American field service 800-772-7600 then it goes to green tree, which goes to Five brothers and ends up with Webb closure and cleanout
    Allan W. Webb cell number 509-713-5860.

We contacted Allan W. Webb, he admitted the fracture, but has of yet removed the paint

• Mo
      13th of Oct, 2011
    Green Tree Servicing LLC - GRRR!
    Green Tree Servicing LLC

I hate this company! They call me at least 20 times a day, never follow the fair credit act and never want to work with me...they just don't give a damn!

• Jj
      20th of Jul, 2013

I am a Contractor for Five Brothers, and I have seen this kind of thing before. I service over a hundred properties for five brothers, in Illinois, the problem is five brothers awards work to the lowest bidder, and I have seen contractors remove garbage and debris from one property and dump it on another vacant property, then bid to remove it from there, so they can double-up and not have to pay dump fees. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I am licensed contractor and have had other contractors dump on properties that I maintain, only to have five brothers tell me that I'm responsible for removing the junk a my own cost, so I kind of know how you feel.