Green Geeks Web Hosting / attempting extra charges
Purchased hosting service for them with a 1 year in advance payment. I never got around to using the service so it remained dormant. The year anniversary come up and they tried to renew for another year. The credit card I had on file with them was expired.
They started sending me harassment emails to the effect that I HAD to write an email to cancel the service. Every reputable service everywhere in the world considers non-payment for whatever reason to be effectively an indication to cancel. But no I had to write in to them to cancel. This is a classic tactic of old-school ripoff artists. Sending in a "request" to cancel affords them the opportunity to sock additional charges and Greengeeks did not miss the chance. Sure enough I received another email saying that since I didn't cancel with 5 days left they could bill me for another year but instead would only require payment for one month. Remember I've never used the system since I owned it on day one.
I am not going to pay them for something I never used just because they employ a "got ya" policy. It's not the month charge, it's the principle.
More Green Geeks Web Hosting Complaints & Reviews
- GreenGeeks Hosting - beware 
- GreenGeeks.com - decieving money back guarantee and billing practices 
- Green Geeks Web Hosting - refused refund for services not received 
- GreenGeeks - beware of greengeeks! bad hosting! 
- GreenGeeks - horrible service
- GreenGeeks - account suspended for no valid reason
- GreenGeeks - dishonest and unreliable
- GreenGeeks - order rejected, no reply, no refund and not answering my questions.
- GreenGeeks - green geeks hosting
- GreenGeeks - billing