Green Dot Money Pak / alternative advice

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Sorry for your regrets regarding purchasing Green Dot Cards or Money Pak but there is alternative way of loading funds into your accounts without purchasing the reloadable cards thru Drug Stores.
Visit Radio Shack to have the transaction completed electronically. No Money Pak Cards Are Necessary! Simply inform a radio shack rep of what you would like to do, give them your Green Dot Visa/MC & the monies, they will input the information into their computer system, issue you a receipt & viola it is done. You have to wait 20 mins for the process to finalize itself before making purchases but it's worth it. And yes this still cost $4.95 but it's very convienent compared to purchasing a Money Pak card from Grocery Stores & Drug Stores where in most cases the Money Pak cards are expired anyways.
Try that guys before giving up on Green Dot.

Comments

• Us
      17th of Nov, 2009

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU BUY A CARD AT DRUG STORE PULL THE GREY STRIP AND CANT READ ALL THE NUMBERS

• Us
      17th of Nov, 2009

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU BUY A MONEY PAK GREEN DOT AND PULL THE STRIP OFF THE BACK OF THE CARD AND CANT READ ALL THE NUMBERS

• Sp
      17th of Feb, 2010

Good question... I just pulled off the "scratch off" strip and it took 4 of the middle numbers with it. No activation number on the receipt, either. Anyone?

• Em
      13th of Mar, 2010

You spend countless hours being transferred over seas to a customer service rep. has a heavy accent and almost impossible to understand until you are already late for work.

• Lj
      28th of Jun, 2010

You're not suppose to "pull off" the strip... Its a scratch off area.
    Take the side of a coin and gently rub off the metallic area, revealing the numbers.
    You can and often do ruin the card if you pull off this scratch off area.

22nd of Aug, 2010

i bought two cards with $20.00 each how do i conbine thim into one card. for a total of $40.00 dollars?

• Sc
      31st of Aug, 2010

I bought a greendot money card and my money went into someone else's paypay. I was told there wasn't any money on my card. I finally got a costumer rep and they gave me a Id # and an 800 number to call. It was a phone sex number. I'm really upset at Wal-Mart for selling cards that are notsafe. It is fraud.
    Madwomen

• Mo
      27th of Sep, 2010

I hate Green Dot Money card! I try to place funds in my PayPal account, they wouldn't go through after several tries the Green Dot system indicated it would issue my a refund to my PayPal account. I just didn't get it if I wanted it to go to my PayPal account in the first place why refund it to the same account. I wait for it to show up it didn't! So I called Green Dot they said they sent it in a check and that it would take 7 to 10 days to receive. After waiting a full week I called Green Dot again and they said it was sent to the wrong address under the wrong name, now they expect me to fax them a copy my drivers license and SS number so they can send out another check which will take and additional 7 to 10 day. I'm PISSED Off, VERY PISSED OFF and never use this service again.

• Ju
      18th of Dec, 2010

I got a moneypak for paypal and the first it worked. I added money to it and i tried to put it in but it said it had no money in it! I WASTED so much on that card I send in a complaint, Im waiting for a response. I also cant get an item I bid on because my transaction wont go through. It said the funds were insufficient

• Pa
      7th of Jun, 2011

I am now in the process of looking for an alternative prepaid that can be used for int'l purchases, as well as domestic.
    Greendot recently locked me out of accessing my funds for a few days, and it cost me. I was not given a reason. Customer service is a joke.
    Not only that, but after paying $4.95 for the MoneyPak, you are still charged $5.95/mo service charge, and when you purchase internationally, you are charged a percentage by them. For me, it was $10 and change for a $379 purchase. THEY get that $$, not the merchant. I am searching for a replacement before they 'create' another fee. Any suggestions?
    PaPa Vince

• La
      16th of Nov, 2012

I am a very strong weightlifter. However, I am not stupid. I did use the side of a quarter, . Result? a pretty hole in the middle of the card.
    I tried scratching very gently at first, but the covering felt like a one piece strip, not like a typical lottery card. I never had a problem with those. This is my first and LAST time with Green Dot Money Pak. Btw, I charged $290.00 US to it...