greatfunsite.com / rebate not received

Stevensville, MI, United States Review updated:

I purchased ticket from Spirit airlines. At the end of the purchase, I got an offer to register with greatfunsite indicating that I will receive $50 for signing-up by paying $1. I called up the number, discussed in detail, read reviews online, and it seems like worth trying. But I am disappointed to say that I never received my rebate! They kept saying that they can't see if they received my rebate details and it would take their system 6-8 weeks to update the information. On the 9th week, very promptly, they said that they never received my rebate details. It is such a waste of time and a scam. Had I not cancelled my service I would have been charged $16 every month. If they couldn't keep on 1 promise, they wouldn't keep on any. If spirit airlines partners with such fraud people then they are dubious as well!

Ni
May 2, 2017

Comments

• Re
      27th of Jan, 2018

Thank you for writing your review, it saved me the hassle of getting ripped off as I too was told the exact same about my purchase and “how special this offer is because I would get my rebate regardless of keeping the service of Great Fun after the 1 month trial period expires”. After reading your review and many others of the same general experience, I opted out of any rebate because I could tell that it sounded fishy and looked up your review while on the phone. So thank you for sharing and I’m sorry you had a dollar or more taken with nothing received. They probably do this to 50% of the people who are sent to them from buying something else, and when summed, make a ton of money from getting just $1 from many people who think they will get the deal where they get $50 vs the $25 original rebate they are offered. In the end the customer gets nothing and the “Great Fun” business makes out with customers money for nothing. This company needs to be referred to the better business bureau for scamming people out of their money. It’s like the movie Office Space, $1 is seemingly nothing just as 1 penny is even less noticeable, but $1 from 1 million people is scamming 1 million dollars, where you or me doing so would go to jail when caught. This should be no different. I’m going to refer them and I think I everyone who reads this and who actually paid any money to “Great Fun” should make a complaint so they see that this is not a witch hunt, it’s the truth and just as I was saved the hassle by yours and others reviews or your experience, many other people would be saved the trouble and frustration of being told they would receive a $25-$50 rebate for their purchase by using this scam for a $1 trial period, that never showed up in their mailbox. Thank you for sharing as you saved myself and most likely many others from being ripped off. Now it needs to be brought to the authorities attention that this whole thing is a scam and the company’s who associate with “Great Fun”
    Should be held liable as well.