Great Clips / favoritism

OH, United States Review updated:

It seem to be with the general manager, she has a lot of favorites in our shops. Certain hair specialists get what they want in hours and days off. Other hair specialists have to fight for what they want. The GM takes time off to be with her 30 age daughter; where as the acting manager in the other salon can't get time off in the evening to see her children in school activities (her mother has to take them). When the acting manager has a doctors appointment, 9 times out of 10 she needs to reschedule because the GM forgets even when she is given enough notice about the appointment. The acting manager gave the GM a schedule of times she can work so she can see her children.Last week there was a note on her station saying only one request per week and full time employees need to work two nights per week. As of 3-20-12, the note for request was taken down and was told that is too many request. If you look at the past and present schedule, one full time employee has nights the other does not ( one of her favorites). You would think that the acting manager should be making out the schedule for that salon, but does not. Looking at the past and present schedule you can see that the acting manager gets more of junking scheduling then anything, She does not even look at the past schedule when making a new one. Those that closed on certain days should be the ones that should open and leave early. But that does not happen. The acting manager is now feed up with the stuff that goes on that she is ready to quit even if she does not have a new job to go to. Her doctor told her if on her next appointment, if her blood pressure is still up she will be going on med's. Her health is more important that the bull s--- she has to put up with. It does not matter trying to talk with the GM, I have tried, it does not help.I thought about talking to the owner, but I don't feel that would help either. When I left the Parma salon they lost a lot of customers. The GM asked if I was doing them at my home, no I am not I don' t need to lose my license. I have some customer that followed me to the other salon.

Comments

• Gr
      21st of Mar, 2012

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to contact our corporate office at 800-473-2825 and we'd be more than happy to forward your concerns on to the owner of the salon.

Thanks,
    Kasey S.
    Great Clips, Inc.

24th of Jul, 2012

I was at a Great Clips in North Richlands Hills on Davis Rd. The manager was very rude to her employees. I take my kids there and this is the second time I have observed the manager being rude to her employees. I ask one of the stylist what her name was and they said Sandy Wright. The atmosphere is very hostile in this salon. Do not go to this salon. North Richland Hills Texas

24th of Jul, 2012

Yes I do hope someone does forward this complaint about the manager, , she is awful to her employees. This is the second time I have observed her talking down to her employees.

• Li
      24th of Jul, 2012

That's a great idea Sanda.