Grand Canyon University / lied about student status/lost fafsa
My name is gail yvonne christie, I was a student at GCU from 05-05-2008 through 04-30-2010 when I graduated. GCU reported me as a half time student to Federal Government lenders, when in fact I was full-time according to GCU's very own student handbook. This has caused me numerous troubles as it made my loans go into default. GCU has mis-represented itself, I have spent two years trying to resolve this issue. I need resolution immediately. I will be call the National Omsbudman regarding this issue as well as filing an official complaint with the BBB. I will continue making as much noise as possible and going very public with this error on the part of GCU.
There is no excuse for this. It is against the law to tell the students one enrollment status and then file a half-time status with the Federal lenders. That is fraud and a blatant LIE.
Someone needs to step forward and handle this situation. I will give you two hours to contact me, then I will take it to a higher authority.
I appreciate your timely response to this matter.
I have posted the start of my video on youtube, please check it out and feel free to post your story in the response area or upload your own video response.
I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB. Here is their information for anyone wanting to do the same:
BBB of Central, Northern & Western Arizona
4428 N. 12th Street
Phoenix, AZ [protected]
Here is a section of the letter from GCU financial : I wanted to inform you that I have checked with our office of financial aid and confirmed that there are two types of definitions when it comes to a student’s full or part time status. The first is our internal academics definition which is the part in which you quoted the 09-10 GCU policy handbook. Therefore, internally – we defined you as full time for taking 5+ credit hours a semester. However, through the clearing house, we follow the standard Department of Education guidelines and define a graduate student as follows: Full time - 9 credit hours+; Three-Quarter Time – 7-8 credit hours; Half time – 5-7 credit hours; less than half time – 4 or less credit hours.
More Grand Canyon University Complaints & Reviews
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/disbursement problems 
- Grand Canyon University - total rip off 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid 
- Grand Canyon University - financial aid/president of gcu 
- Grand Canyon University - class action lawsuit 
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - very rude to new students, lack of resources
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - financial aid disbursements and award letters 
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - online school
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - denied disability accommodations/ failed & suspended 
- Grand Canyon University [GCU] - financial aid