GoToGate.com / airline booking

Uppsala, Sweden

A trip to Europe absolutely destroyed by the WORLDS WORST customer service. In actual fact they have zero customer service whatsoever.

I booked a return economy flight, on GoToGate.com, for the 5th of February retuning on 16th February 2017.

Subsequently, I needed to change both flight dates and flight class from Economy to Business. Initially, GoToGate had no problem with this and sent me the payment link via email to make payment of 1365GBP, for the date changes and class upgrade.

This is when it all went downhill. The Payment link never worked, despite trying 3 separate payment methods. When I phoned them to query this, i was told that they cannot find my request so couldn't help me.

Instead i was told i could effect the changes telephonically BUT now I could only upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy and no longer Business Class, as it was sold out and it would now cost me 4000GBP!!!

(Keep in mind on both occasions I was told that an upgrade IS POSSIBLE from Economy to a higher class).

In subsequent email responses from GoToGate, all generic and none with any real customer service care at all, I was told I CANNOT UPGRADE but can cancel my ticket for an exorbitant fee.

Despite almost 15 emails to them i keep receiving generic machine automated responses saying:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Right now we have longer than usual response time to e-mail. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we will get back to you shortly.

Please note that this is an automatically generated e-mail.

Kind regards,
Gotogate"

Sadly, this email only arrives after 24 hours of my initial email and then i wait another 24 hours for another pointless email which is completely unhelpful.

This website must be taken to task and i will be reporting them to IATA as i truly believe they are taking advantage of the public and abusing customers trust. They are ruthless and simply do not care about their customers.

My flight is in 2 weeks and i'm still awaiting a response to an email I sent 48 hours ago!!

This is an unscrupulous company and I urge anyone thinking of traveling to AVOID GoToGate.com at all costs!

GoToGate.com is the WORST Airline Travel Website in the world!!!

De