GoodLife Fitness / poor management / unfairly let go from job

13226 MacLeod Trail SECalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I had worked at the GoodLife Fitness gym in South Calgary for almost a full year when i was suddenly "Let go" because head office had "over-looked", 11mos earlier, that i had a (very minor) criminal record. So basically i was fired for something they knew all about before actually hiring me...i had great friends at the gym that i worked with and really enjoyed my job there, but suddenly at the end of my shift one day they asked me to get my stuff and not return for atleast 3 mos to any GoodLife Fitness gym. Unbelieveable.

Comments

Me
  13th of Nov, 2008
Unfortunate, but should be expected having a criminal record. If home office noticed that and did not want to employ you, then your own manager was just following orders. That's not exactly being "unfairly" let go.
Am
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Lol... so you're mad because they don't want a criminal working there? I'm sure you don't self-identify as a criminal but, if you have a record you did something bad and this is a consequence of that.
Je
  17th of Apr, 2009
You mis-read obviously. I was ALREADY employed for almost a year!
Je
  17th of Apr, 2009
No i agree about them not wanting that but like i said it is a VERY minor criminal record and they did the check and then hired me. Then 11 mos later used that as a reason to let me go saying they didint notice i had a record, just noticed and should not have hired me 11 months ago...wtf?
Ms
  30th of Jul, 2009
Stay away from goodlife fitness...its a giant scam. Go to a local gym instead. At goodlife fitenss you're nothing more than a number. Goodlife fitness makes it easy to sign up and difficult to leave. They stole my money for six months.

Have a look online...you can't find contact information for a single executive...they can't be transparent because of all the complaints.

Stay away from Goodlife fitness.

Matt Nelson
Pr
  30th of Jun, 2014
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I agree. It's a scam. More overweight people work there than go there.

GoodLife Fitness Logo GoodLife Fitness