GoodLife Fitness / poor management / unfairly let go from job

1 13226 MacLeod Trail SECalgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:

I had worked at the GoodLife Fitness gym in South Calgary for almost a full year when i was suddenly "Let go" because head office had "over-looked", 11mos earlier, that i had a (very minor) criminal record. So basically i was fired for something they knew all about before actually hiring me...i had great friends at the gym that i worked with and really enjoyed my job there, but suddenly at the end of my shift one day they asked me to get my stuff and not return for atleast 3 mos to any GoodLife Fitness gym. Unbelieveable.

Comments

• Me
      13th of Nov, 2008

Unfortunate, but should be expected having a criminal record. If home office noticed that and did not want to employ you, then your own manager was just following orders. That's not exactly being "unfairly" let go.

• Am
      2nd of Feb, 2009

Lol... so you're mad because they don't want a criminal working there? I'm sure you don't self-identify as a criminal but, if you have a record you did something bad and this is a consequence of that.

• Je
      17th of Apr, 2009

You mis-read obviously. I was ALREADY employed for almost a year!

• Je
      17th of Apr, 2009

No i agree about them not wanting that but like i said it is a VERY minor criminal record and they did the check and then hired me. Then 11 mos later used that as a reason to let me go saying they didint notice i had a record, just noticed and should not have hired me 11 months ago...wtf?

• Ms
      30th of Jul, 2009

Stay away from goodlife fitness...its a giant scam. Go to a local gym instead. At goodlife fitenss you're nothing more than a number. Goodlife fitness makes it easy to sign up and difficult to leave. They stole my money for six months.

Have a look online...you can't find contact information for a single executive...they can't be transparent because of all the complaints.

Stay away from Goodlife fitness.

Matt Nelson

• Pr
      30th of Jun, 2014

I agree. It's a scam. More overweight people work there than go there.