Good Sam Club / Won't honor $20 free fuel offer

Good Sam RV ERS
P.O. Box 6903
Phone: 80155-6903
I responded to an email offer in November of 2008 for membership with the offer of a $20 free fuel card.

They immediately debited my credit card the full amount and sent me a confiming email with my order number.

Upon recieving the membership materials in early December 2008, I called and requested the missing fuel card. I was told it would be in the mail shortly.

In January 2009, I called and they again took my information and told me to expect the $20 free fuel card soon.

Today (April 2009) I spent time waiting for a supervisor who tried to convince me that I wan't eligible for the offer because I didn't order via the interenet.

When I interupted her and read her the email from Good Sam with my order *, she told be I was being abusive and hung up. (Not unlike dealing with AOL)

I want everyone thinking of responding to an offer from Good Sam, or Camping World, another one of their companies to realize how they operate.

I will pursue this as far as I can with the State of IL fraud unit, but with our politicians, it may not get far.

Hope the Good Sam Club, Camping World, and their many extended warranty and insurance contract companies get the publicity they derserve over their deceptive advertising and promotions.

Jerry Rossi
Fox Lake, IL

N  1st of Jul, 2012 by
My complaint is, after doing a purchase at Camper World in Bakersfield Ca. In the past weeks of June, I and my wife have bought products for our truck and 5th. wheel trailer. Yesterday, I needed to get a few items at their store, and even though we have been an official member for over a year, they stated, 'YOUR CARD IS NOT GOOD!" They said the member number and date for use was ok, but, the card I have, has been changed to some one else, that is not my name or my wife. MY complaint is, why or how is it possible to be issued a members card, and then let the names be changed, , after been using it for over a year, by the Good Sams people??? and, the membership, has not been changed, nor the date for when it expires. Is this for real?? So does the other named person get to use my benefits or does some one let him know his card "IS NOT GOOD'!

Good Sam Extended Service Plan Logo Good Sam Extended Service Plan