Good Life Fitness / cancellation or termination fees

Etobicoke, ON, Canada Review updated:

Their charges to either cancel or suspend the membership is about the same.

They took out $26.00 for my next 2 week fees on March 26 and then advised me that if I was to suspend my membership it would cost me $5 Bi-weekly ($10 per month) in order to continue the membership. If I was to cancel it will cost me $99 along with the $26 that I just paid. It works out to be about the same if you terminate or suspend for the next 9 months ($90).

They are definitely a big rip off. I would have been wiser to buy an eliptical machine or a tread mill on my own.

Think carefully if you sign up with them or any other place.

Comments

• Gu
      24th of Jun, 2011

Told me that i wouldn't have to pay for cancellation fee, the rep was going to transfer my membership to someone else to replace this fee. i brought my membership card in two months later he said no problem and took my membership card and he said he would take care of it. I asked if i would continue to get charged and he said no. 7 months later i realized i was still getting charged so i called in and asked for him. He told me that i should have found someone else or paid the cancellation fee that's why i continue to get charged. essentially, he forgot and to cover his ### it was my fault for not realizing earlier. So they ended up "stealing" $465 in total from me, a university student trying to save my money.

Goodlife in Stratford, ON