Gold's Gym / poor manager

1 Tulsa, OK, United States Review updated:

I have never seen such piss poor management/customer care as I did with Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. I went into the Gym two months ago to trans my membership to Texas or to cancell it "which ever I need to do". I spoke with the GM "Rick". Once he found out I was trying to cancel my membership things changed. He then put me off and had me talk with someone else in the gym. That should have been my first clue. I tried several times "about 8 times" to call him "would not return my calls". I went to the gym "he was always to busy when they called back and told him who was looking for him. I would call again, his respons " in meeting, on call and so on. OK, I am sure he was sometimes or " So I thought" But I would leave my number "no return calls". This went on for almost two months. I finally went to the other location in Tulsa, OK and spoke with the GM there "Martin" POOF in two minutes my problem was resolved. Martin explained to me this was and is an on going this and explained he was very sorry for all my efforts and lose of time. The other manager at Woodland Hills also told me how sorry she was for my delay and told me if "I" would have came to them first or had spoke with the Operations Manager at Broken Arrow "Thomas" that none of this would have happen and things would have been fixed to start with.

After leaving Woodland Hills I called back to Broken Arrow to give "Rick" a peice of my mind. However, once again he was out of the Gym. As I was about to hang up I asked the lady who answered the phone if I could speak with "Thomas" concerning my cancellation. She advised me that "Thomas was with a member but she would give him my number. I laughed "thinking oh boy it must be a Broken Arrow thing".

But to my surprise about 5 minutes later my phone rings. The person on the other end introduced himself as "Thomas" and said he was returning my call reference to my cancellation.

I explained to Thomas I what I had been through and was thankful that Broken Arrow had at least one good manager. Thomas was extremly sorry for my problems and asked if there was anything he could do to change my mind about my cancelation.

As I told him at first I just wanted to transfer my membership to Texas but after the things I went through that was no way in hell I would stay with Golds.

If this really is an ongoing problem as I was advised from Woodland Hills then "Rick" needs to be fired. Not given a warning but fired. I can asure you I am not the only one that has problems. Any manager that is that lazy will never reform to what a good manager should be and to keep him would show piss poor judgement and the lack of customer support. By all means feel free to contact me. I will not add my number to this site for every pervert to contact me but Woodland Hills has my number. Just ask about the x-member that moved to Texas month and wanted to remain a member till I had the great chance of meeting Rick.

over the years I have seen great business go down the tubes because of piss poor mangement. In time Broken Arrow will be one of those business if Golds does not do the right thing!

Good customer service is either something you have or do not have. If Golds allows this, then they are showing me and others what Golds is really about. just remeber Golds needs members to pay your salary. Without happy members you have no gym, no gym equals no pay check.

As to the Woodland Hills Management and to Thomas at Broken Arrow keep up the good work!

Bi

Comments

• Lo
      5th of Jul, 2010

The General manager is a dummy. I hope this is not an example of management with Golds. He is not even able to explain a billing problem just sat there and looked at me. I own my own company and would never allow someone to work for me that is this uneducated. I sure would never let them in a management slot. As soon as my contract is over I am out of here. Stay away from Golds in Broken Arrow!

• Lo
      5th of Jul, 2010

Stay away from Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. General MANAGER does not know his head for a whole in the ground. Could not even explain billing. As soon as my contact is over I am gone. I did get customer service number and they fixed it for me. General manager rick is a dummy

• Bi
      15th of Aug, 2010

Does it really manager how smart the manager is? It is the best gym in Tulsa to workout at. You should try All-American. They suck as much as your idiotic comments.

• Ca
      25th of Aug, 2010

bitmesideways,

you are obviously a manager or you work at Gold's. I hope it never happens to you, but only if it does, will you know where I, as well as MANY other people are coming from...why are you taking it so personally...no one called you stupid. Furthermore when you bank account starts getting debited unknowingly and there is no way you can stop it...then you can put a comment up...TARD!

• Bl
      23rd of Sep, 2010

This is interesting. I DO NOT WORK AT GOLD'S! However, I am a member and know from my own experience that these types of issues are typically handled by the Operations Manager or a Sales Manager.

• We
      6th of Jul, 2011

WOW, I should have read these boards before joing Golds Gym. I had the great chance of meeting Rick the general manager of Golds Gym in Broken Arrow, OK. I do not think I have ever meet a more stupid lazy manager in my life. I hope to God this is not the way Golds Gym runs their business. As a woman I have never felt so uncomfortable around someone as they way he made me feel. I just wanted to get out of his office and go home and take a shower. I had gone to him to talk about a billing problem. However, I will just pay my contract out and never step foot in that gym again even during the days I have left on my contract. The man is scarey!!!

• Br
      3rd of Apr, 2013

Don't waste your money on the personal training!!! They lie and scam you into expensive training sessions and then skip out! I'm not training with anyone else after that!!! Will not give a refund so they basically scammed me for $360!!! Horrible customer service and the manager is not a very good one. All he can do is aplogize for his trainer lying and scamming me for $360! Sorry but I don't Need your sympathy!!! Worst situation ever they make me SICK!