Golden Corralscam

During lunch at the Golden Corral, I received a phone call from my mother that she had just found out from my stepdad's doctor that he only had just a few months to live. My mom was upset, which made me upset..AND then the sad news was upsetting as well.

I was so upset by this unexpected news that I could not finish eating, although I had just started eating right before the phone call.

I asked the waitress if I could get a doggy bag for the food that was on my plate. She said it was against company policy. I explained what had just happened and she still said she could not give me a doggy bag. I asked to speak to the manager. The manager came to me to see what my complaint was. I told her that I was too upset to finish eating and that I really needed to leave but didn't want to just throw my food out. I had paid $10.00 for lunch. She said it was against company policy. She said that it was Buffet and I was not allowed to carry out food.

I even asked her to show me the company policy manual of where it states that a consumer cannot take their "original" plate of food home with them in a situation like I had. She would not show it to me.

By this time, I was really upset; I asked her what would happen if I got up, walked out with my biscuit in my hand and was eating it as I walked out the door.

She said "You would be stealing". I asked her "How would it be stealing when I have a receipt of where I had paid for the food". She said because it is posted that you Must eat in for buffet. I told her to just keep her biscuit and her doggy bag and that I would go to Ryans from now on.

I think this is very insensitive to consumers especially for the high price for lunch! I told a few people at Ryans about the incident a few weeks ago and they told me to make a complaint AND they also gave me a doggy bag for my leftovers!!

Va

Comments

Oct 05, 2010

they are terrible, about something liek that..their management is really bad. if you take an extra piece of bread out with you- they will try to stop you and claim that you're stealing..this is how bad this restaurant is-- it's a joke...really bad place...

• Vi
      Feb 20, 2011

please hear this your employe did not serve us steak because matter he did not serve ayone not even my fiance . he wanted a piece of steak didnt get mash pototes a glove what going on with the food industry these days . another report filed agiasnt your company franchize please we want our money back and a few dinners added buffets and this employe the cook who cooks and serves verysexual talking about woman. not very nice one piece of steak all was on the grill . please all were asking from steve stewert is we want our money back and a buffets ten for me and my finance i think it fair . this is a COMPLAINT A complaint . he works at the golden corral in onfraklin rd. in bloomington indiana sincerely diana thompson