Golden Corral — scam
During lunch at the Golden Corral, I received a phone call from my mother that she had just found out from my stepdad's doctor that he only had just a few months to live. My mom was upset, which made me upset..AND then the sad news was upsetting as well.
I was so upset by this unexpected news that I could not finish eating, although I had just started eating right before the phone call.
I asked the waitress if I could get a doggy bag for the food that was on my plate. She said it was against company policy. I explained what had just happened and she still said she could not give me a doggy bag. I asked to speak to the manager. The manager came to me to see what my complaint was. I told her that I was too upset to finish eating and that I really needed to leave but didn't want to just throw my food out. I had paid $10.00 for lunch. She said it was against company policy. She said that it was Buffet and I was not allowed to carry out food.
I even asked her to show me the company policy manual of where it states that a consumer cannot take their "original" plate of food home with them in a situation like I had. She would not show it to me.
By this time, I was really upset; I asked her what would happen if I got up, walked out with my biscuit in my hand and was eating it as I walked out the door.
She said "You would be stealing". I asked her "How would it be stealing when I have a receipt of where I had paid for the food". She said because it is posted that you Must eat in for buffet. I told her to just keep her biscuit and her doggy bag and that I would go to Ryans from now on.
I think this is very insensitive to consumers especially for the high price for lunch! I told a few people at Ryans about the incident a few weeks ago and they told me to make a complaint AND they also gave me a doggy bag for my leftovers!!
More Golden Corral Complaints & Reviews
- Golden Corral - poor quality, bad attitude, no available food 
- Golden Corral - we recieved food poisoning and the resturant didn't care 
- Golden Corral Restaurant - Beaumont, Texas - after eating at golden corral many times, I never will again 
- Golden Corral - you do know what you eat! 
- Golden Corral - very rude customer service
- Golden Corral - bad food, roger 7633070115
- Golden Corral - the food /service 
- Golden Corral - management
- Golden Corral - service, cleanliness, products
- Golden Corral - food choices