GoldCar Rental / carhire in majorca airport - palma

1 Alicante, Spain

I would like to lodge a complaint against GoldCar car hire, and request for a refund for fraudulent and unauthorised charges they made to my credit card and are not responding to a case that I have raised.

I hired a car through the RyanAir and fully paid for everything listed as well as getting my own additional insurance.

When I picked the car up I was told I would need to pay for a fuel deposit as well as a late return fee, plus taxes - the fuel part would be funded on return.

I was then asked to sign for this on an epad before having been given any paperwork for the contract to review, plus the representative then handed me the credit card machine and she had pressed enter on the value and was just showing the PIN screen, so I didn't get to see the value.

Later I realised that they had charged me for additional, optional insurances that they didn't tell me where being added, but charged my card anyway.

They didn't advise me this, and I didn't authorise the payment and hence that is fraudulent.

Can you please raise this complaint with GoldCar and advise the process for getting a refund from them.

For additional information please look on twitter and Facebook for GoldCar and look at all of the people who have been scammed in the same or similar way by GoldCar.

Regards