GoldCar Rental / car rental damage rip off
Hired a car at Faro Airport 23 August 2018 to 4 July 2018. Tried to sell us excess insurance, but we have our own policy and refused. Picked up car in the dark, small marks on body but didn't notice minute chip in windscreen. On return were charged 400 Euros for windscreen damage - we definitely did not cause this chip, which in any case was so small you could hardly see it. Have raised a dispute through credit card company as although our insurance would cover us then Gold Car would get the money, which they should not do as their policy is clearly to get customers through unrealistically low prices and then make money on enormous unjustified surcharges. Have raised a complaint through Gold Car customer services, but they just do not respond. This company should be investigated and reported. Can provide further details of contract etc if required.
More GoldCar Rental Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Goldcar Car Hire Spain - scam 
- Goldcar - shocking behaviour of staff 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - fraudulently forced into paying for 'super relax' cover 
- [Resolved] GoldCar Rental - deposit refund
- [Resolved] Goldcar - cleaning charges
- GoldCar Rental - fuel charges and services
- GoldCar Rental - not notified about extra charge to card
- GoldCar Rental - car rental booked at marseille airport from 8.10.2018 to 15.10.2018
- GoldCar Rental - unethical behaviour
- GoldCar Rental - money wrongly taken from my credit card.