Gmac Mortgage / fraud, fraud, fraud
I took out a mortgage with gmac mortgage in 2001. When the initial payment due date was near I did not receive a statement. Not wishing to be accused of making a late payment I contacted gmac by phone and requested the address to make the payment. I was given an address and sent the payment prior to due date.
I was never given credit for the payment. Gmac kept accusing me of failing to make the payment for over two years. During this period I was in touch wit them numerous times on this matter but never got any satisfaction.
Two years later I took out a new mortgage and paid gmac off. After the new loan had closed gmac finally returned my payment by sending it to the escrow company that handled the new loan.
In 2008 I checked my credit reports and found gmac had been and was still sending negative reports to the credit reporting bureaus. I contact gmac and asked that this be corrected. I got a letter stating that they need further information. This in spite of the fact I gave them the complete loan number at the time of my complaint.
To this date I have not received any further correspondence from gmag nor has the credit report error been corrected.
I consider their actions slanderous a damaging to my credit and reputation.
More Gmac Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Gmac - lien release 
- Defrauded By Gmac Loss Mitigation Department, Gmac Mortgage, 800 - 850 - 4622, 800 - 766 - 4622 - federal fraud 
- Gmac Now Ally Finance - repo'd truck 
- Gmac Mortgage - no customer service! 
- Gmac - repossession! 
- Gmac - title to car 
- Gmac Mortgage - late mortgage 
- Gmac Mortgage - mortgage fraud/ falsifying documents 
- Gmac / Ally - insurances/escrow /servicing
- Gmac / Alley - unjustified repo