Gmac Auto Financing / release of lien
I had an auto financed in 2002, paid it off in 2004, and received my certificate of title from the finance company. The title is stamped "paid in full", general motor acceptance corp. It is signed, illegibily next to the words "lien released by", and it is dated 11/19/04 on the appropriate line below the signature.
Sounds right, looks right. I requested a duplicate title by mailing the correct form and payment. But nj motor vehicle says there is still an encumbrance in favor of gmac! But I have the "paid in full" title in my hand!
So I take the title to the nearest motor vehicle. No mention of encumbrance or lien not released. I pay, and wait, but no duplicate for me. Motor vehicle is now requiring me to find out "what is the title, or position of the person who signed as 'released by' for gmac?"
How am I supposed to find out their title? I can't even guess their name from this signature!
More Gmac Auto Financing Complaints & Reviews
- Gmac - lien release 
- Defrauded By Gmac Loss Mitigation Department, Gmac Mortgage, 800 - 850 - 4622, 800 - 766 - 4622 - federal fraud 
- Gmac Now Ally Finance - repo'd truck 
- Gmac Mortgage - no customer service! 
- Gmac - repossession! 
- Gmac - 2015 chevrolet silverado
- Gmac - title to car 
- Gmac Mortgage - late mortgage 
- Gmac Mortgage - mortgage fraud/ falsifying documents 
- Gmac / Ally - insurances/escrow /servicing