Glamour Shots / Unprofessional Photos

I stopped into Glamour Shots to see what they offer. I was shown a portfolio of their work to include their "Glamour Touch" and other specialty products. I was very impressed by the Glamour Touch since my daughter has a scar that she is very self-conscious of on her forehead. The sales woman agreed that this would take care of the scar with no problem at all. I was also told that the photos were $45 per pose per sheet. I mentioned that I wanted these pictures a my daughters senior pictures and she offered me the "Graduation Special" which would allow for us to have a free 8 x 10, which she recommended we get her picture taken in a cap and gown. I gladly made an appointment for the following week, at which time I was asked to pre-pay the $25 sitting fee.

When I arrived the following week for my daughters appointment, 5:45pm, they were running extremely late. After waiting until 6:50pm, the manager came to me and asked me to sign their paperwork, at which time I read that the "Glamour Touch" effect was $75 per pose. At no time was I ever told this prior to reading it on the paperwork. Had I known this, I would not have made the appointment at Glamour Shots as I cannot afford the $75 Glamour Touch process and I could get the pictures done elsewhere for less. I was so upset and told the manager that this information was kept from me. She argued that they always tell the customer all the process. Since she was not the woman I originally spoke with, how would she know what I was or wasn't told. Regardless, I am the customer and all she really needed to do was apologize for the "mistake" and we could have moved on. Well, she couldn't do that. What she did do was accuse me of either misunderstanding or not paying attention to the sales woman the week before. This infuriated me and I told the manager that if it wasn't for the fact that my daughter as looked forward to this all week, I would not get this done. Her response was "Well, you won't get your sitting fee back." And she proceeded away. . . which, considering how angry I was, was probably a good thing at that point.

Now we are back to waiting and waiting and waiting. Another woman came to do my daughter's make-up. It did not look very good so I offered my assistance and finished her make-up and styled her hair myself. I was not happy about this at all. Come to find out that the woman was actually a photographer and not a hair stylist or make-up artist, she was only helping out because they were short staffed.

The photographer (not the same one that attempted the hair & make-up) was actually wonderful. No complaints there.

I was waiting on my daughter and the manager came to me and said that she was going to make sure I received a free 8x10 for the trouble. She did not use a very nice tome or demeanor. I am not sure if she is aware the I was already supposed to receive one from the Graduation special, so I told her "I am supposed to get one with the Graduation special." Her nasty response, "Then that makes two, doesn't it." What a piece of work.

It is now 10:30pm (the mall closes at 9:30pm) and we are now ready to choose my daughter's pictures. There were digital 67 images to go through. The manager came over to tell us to hurry about 6 times within 15 minutes. The final time she stated, "I really would like to hit the road sometime soon as I have a life." I was shocked and appalled. I told her NOT to come near me or speak to me again.

I was told the pictures would be in the following week. We left at 11:15pm.

Exactly one week later, they called and told me the pictures were in. I went to pick them up and they could not locate them. Okay fine, I will while they look for them. 45 minutes later, still no pictures. They told me that if they could not find them this evening, they would re-order, but they would call and let me know tomorrow afternoon.

Two days later, after not hearing from anyone, I called back. I was told they did not find the pictures and they would reorder them that day. If I had not called, when exactly do you thing they would have place the re-order? Anyway, they told me that they would be ready for pick-up in one week.

After 9 days, I don;t hear from anyone. I called to see if they were in. I was told that they were mailed to my home.

Another week goes by, I call to say I have not received any pictures through the mail. They told me that is because the pictures are there waiting for me to pick them up.

I go that evening to pick up the pictures and 4 poses are missing.

Will this ever end?

So now they have to re-order the 4 poses, which will be ready in one week,.

One week later, they call me to say the pics are ready. I go there and they are still one picture short. I know the drill. . . one week.

Time get past me and it is, again, 9 days and I am call them. Oh yes, the picture is there.

When I get there, it is the wrong pose of the wrong girl. I asked for a refund as I did not want to drive down there again. I was told under no circumstances was that possible and that I should just be patient.

Patient? I have been more than patient. I am done. I don't have the picture and I don't have a refund.

For almost $400 i received:

- A ton of aggravation
- A display of unprofessionalism like never witnessed before
- A lack of respect that every customer warrants
- A loss of time, which is irreplaceable
- Some okay pictures that I could have got at JP Portraits or Olan Mills

I will tell all that I encounter not to engage in business with Glamour Shots.

Sincerely,

Cynthia
Weston, Florida

Details:

Glamour Shots, Sawgrass Mills Mall, Sunrise, Florida

Comments

• Ca
      31st of Oct, 2010

I am a professional photographer (and have my BFA in photography and digital imaging) and I applied to work for GS when I moved back home for a while and needed a job (its literally one of 3 studios in town). While I hate the work they produce, I really needed the job. I have had my photos taken there for Senior portraits and I had a great time then. But after hearing what the photogs get paid and everything that goes along with the job I chose not to take it. Basically, they do not care about their customers, they care about money. The photographers either make a commission or minimum wage (which ever happens to be higher that pay period) hence crappy service. They also like to train everyone to do everything (ie makeup artist is the photographer is the editor...) which is not professional. They will hire anyone willing to be trained. You do not have to have any formal education or training for any of their positions. Also, they own all the images taken in the shop (thats what you signed at the beginning) so they can legally hang anything they want of you in their store with out even telling you. Though they will offer you the month long 'wall of fame' to cut their printing costs. All in all after hearing all this mess at the interview I very nicely turned down the job and the standing 'if you ever need a job' offer and took a $10/hour hosting job at a restaurant. I was not going to be underpaid and overworked and barely even get to do what I'm educated to do. And I will never support them as a business again.

• Ir
      5th of Jan, 2011

I work at Glamour Shots. We are commissioned based and if we don't make more commission then are hourly wage then we only make our hour wage witch is around 7 dollars. The way for us to make commission is if people start buying 1000 and more dollars for their photos. Yes it is high pressure. Yes we try to hide our real cost by telling you the cheapest way of buy our photos. If Glamour Touch (edited photos or retouched) is TOO expensive for you then you have NO business being at Glamour Shots. The most common way for us to take that 1000 dollars from you is to have you fill out the credit card application. We will not let you know it is a credit card application but let you know there is no interest fee for 12 months. Their are always specials on the web or else ware. The catch is to keep you at Glamour Shots for over 4 hours and tell you this is the only chance you have in buying or having a great deal on you photos. Yes we do lie, you can get your photos for very cheep if you come in 3 or more weeks latter, but then we (hair and makeup artistphotographersales) do not make commission and it will only go to the person who is selling those photos at the time you return. When people do complain it does come back to us in a way of loosing are jobs but this is how they train us. Their is a huge turn over rate for employees for a reason. This is a HIGH PRESSURE SALES JOB NOT ABOUT QUALITY. So next time anyone complains about, "oh he didn't mention this, or I didn't know it was going to cost me that, " please understand this a mall job and you are paying for the brand and not the product. If you want to make people happy we would like tips. Have a nice day.

• Up
      2nd of Feb, 2012

I was in "shock" after the pictures were taken and we were viewing the images. Again it was the photographer that did the hair and makeup. Upon viewing the pictures on the computer, it was obvious that the mascara had run below the eyes and he did not bother to sponge it off. We had Glamour Shots take my other daughters pictures two years previously and they only cost around $ 250 for senior pictures. I believe that I got 4 different poses. Two years later and Glamour Shots wanted over 1000 for 6 different poses. I finally walked out of the store for $ 540 for 3 poses on a CD. Never again will I go back to Glamour Shots.

• To
      15th of Jun, 2012

I had the worst experience. Make up was great, hair was great, photographer was great...but the manager was absolutely awful. They never give the correct info for prices and I ended up spending over 1400$ because I felt pressured and bullied to pick my poses IMMEDIATELY, as I was told they would be deleting my pictures after I left.
    Meanwhile, the next day they call and tell me they have reviewed my pics again and want to hang me up in their store, for a small fee of 399$. I was outraged. They wanted me to pay for their advertising!! And clearly I didn't need to rush into any decisions because they kept my pictures, I could have had time to really think about the decision instead of having a make up artist and store manager tell me that each picture was amazing and worth buying. I feel used and like I got suckered into an awful scam. When I called to complain the following day, the store manager told me oh well and the order had been shipped, that there was nothing she could do and then she gave me the customer service number, in which she said would be a waste of my time because they'd tell me the same thing.
    I'm a sucker for thinking that I had to pick out a package and couldn't do it any other way because, and I quote, "a la carte is a waste of money". Then why offer it?
    I did this to celebrate losing weight... And instead of being thrilled about my physical appearance I'm upset with my inside for making a stupid decision to work with these people and get duped into spending 1400$. But you can guarantee I've already talked to my credit card company and stopped the order. Guess we will see what happens. Any advice?

• Di
      28th of Jun, 2012

This is absolutely the worst photography organization ever! I took my daughter for a photo shoot to enter the kid s contest the company had last March 2012. My reservation was never scheduled properly by Phil, who took my payment for the deposit, so I had to reschedule and assure the manager that my deposit had been paid- b/c SHE COULDN T FIND IT, so she had to just take my word for it. The photographer who took her picture was fairly nice, but then she ignored us for thirty minutes after we came back from the one hour break to view the pictures. Someone else had to pull them up for us to view after I finally asked what was going on. When I went online to the website to start voting for my kid (after I had rallied hundreds who were going to vote for her as well), HER PICTURE WASN T EVEN THERE! I was told that for some reason some of the photos had not been properly submitted and that a different manager would call me back about it. I called several times, the manager just happened to never be working or he kept saying he would call me back. Needless to say, never got a call back, and my daughter s photo was never included in the contest, with no apology or anything! I let it go, b/c I know she would have won anyway, her picture was fabulous. Anyway, so then I never got the call to come pick her pictures up, after I d paid for them. Gave them a call and guess what...THEY LOST HER PICTURES! Again, I m waiting for Hank, the manager, to call me back everyday- who again, just happens to not be working every time I call. The most unorganized mess ever, and then they have the nerve to have packages that cost over a thousand dollars! STAY AWAY FROM GLAMOUR SHOTS OF CRABTREE!!!

10th of Jan, 2016

I went in for one of their contests. My pictures came out great!! Couldn't afford them at the time so my uncle got their credit card. I set up automatic payments, little did I know paymebts were not coming. Now I'm being billed and I refuse to pay it. My bill is over $600, which I cannot afford. Customer service will not help me because the account is in my uncles name.