Gilt Groupe Inc / Charged twice

1 San Diego, CA, United States

I have purchased many products thru my gilt app on my computer with no problems in the past but when I made a high dollar purchase ($454) for a freshology food delivery order I never received the voucher that is supposed to be sent back to you right after your purchase. I sent an email questioning this on a couple occasions and they told me how to update my email however there app does not allow you to do this feature which caused even more confusion. I didn't understand why all my past purchases through this app worked out fine but not this time. The deal was also about to expire so after emailing and Speaking with a rep they stated to me this is a problem they are aware of and often happens with others. It seems their app is not fully functioning or capable. Well then shouldn't this problem be fixed? The order I made specifically stated one purchase per member and since I never received the voucher and the item was going to expire I tried doing it again since it sounded like a mechanical error and I was told their system would flag it if you tried to buy more than one item since it was not allowed. I saw on my monthly credit bill I got charged for two purchases of $454. I only received the true voucher once I was told to log off my app and log in to their website to update my email. (Again, I have made many purchases in the past and never had to do this before). The rep confirmed that the FIRST emailed voucher never went through so she made a screen shot picture of it and forwarded it to me when it was already to late, now I'm stuck with two vouchers, one which is a screenshot from their end, how sketchy that is just by itself. This is all very confusing and obviously I called themto explain this sounds like a technical error, primarily due to their insufficent working app. I requested a refund and they refused. I explained I have been a valuable and constant customer to them and their own rules stated one purchase per person- not TWO! The freshology company states its one voucher per person as well- do they really expect me to just be out $454?! I then asked to speak with a supervisor and she stated because I had two emails I am technically two people so their one item per person does not apply since I am two people now- huh? I told her that both purchases had the same name, credit card number and address and that I am indeed one person, not two. The only reason I did anything with my email is because I never received my receipt for the first purchase. She just did not want to refund me. I gave her a chance to rectify this error but she refused so I told her I would be filing complaints and stopping my credit card charge while they investigate. It is sad because this is so obviously a technical error and if they had any customer service at all they could have easily rectified the situation and kept a loyal customer. Instead I am going through all the extra work of filing complaints against them. Beware- they only care about their bottom line and have no customer service. I will no longer be making any purchase in the future with them again!!!

Th