Gexa Energy / Do not do business with them, they are crooks!

I used Gexa as my electricity service provider for over a year and suddenly they started claiming that my payments were late and charging me late fees. All of my payments were mailed 10 days prior to the due date (via an online bill payment service). I called their customer service line and explained that the payments had been sent 10 days prior to the due date via an online bill payment service and they still refused to refund the late fees, blaming the US Postal Service but still charging me the late fees. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM, THEY ARE CROOKS. I have switched to another electric service provider and sued them in small claims court.

Va

Comments

• Br
      10th of Apr, 2007

Sub: Late fees

GEXA Energy customer service is horrible! Customer service reps on no less than four separate occasions could not answer the following questions:

What is the duration of the billing period based on? No two bills had the same number of days between billing dates, and no two billing dates fell on the same day of the month. It's as if they just sent out bills anytime they needed the money!

Also, they could not tell me why bills were post marked as much as 5 days later than the statement billing date??? My bills would arrive within four days of the due date, leaving me no time to mail in my payment, which then forced me to use their telephone payment system (at the rate of $4.95 a month) or get tagged with a $16.00 late fee.

They refused to credit me for over $20 in fees for the phone payments even though I could prove they dragged their feet mailing my statements to me.

After the last infuriating conversation with one of their customer non-service reps, I immediately cancelled my service. I paid my last bill via on-line bill pay (my bank got it there the day before the due date) and today received a disconn notice that was mailed out, surprisingly enough, on the same day that it was printed. So as I suspected, they are able to mail something the same day they print it!

Since my service officially changed hands a few days ago, I say to them -- good luck getting another penny from me! It will be a cold day in hell!