Having problems with Amigo Energy?

+1 888 469 2644 (Customer Service, English)
+1 713 881 8586 (Customer Service, Spanish)
+1 888 313 4747 (ONCOR Territory)
+1 800 332 7143 (CENTERPOINT Territory)
+1 888 866 7456 (TNMP Territory)
+1 866 223 8508 (AEP CP&L Territory)
+1 801 424 0018 (Head Office)
5521 Westheimer Rd, Suite 1000
Mailing Address
PO Box 3607, Houston, TX 77253-3607

Complaints & Reviews

Disconnect notice

Amigo energy will not waive the disconnect notice. Not able to work because of COVID-19 Coronavirus businesses around the area has closed down. Called Amigo energy customer service and explained the situation ( like they didn't have a clue YEA RIGHT) THEY refuse to be understanding and waive the disconnection notice! They are still going to schedule a disconnection. What to do?

electricity

I contacted Amigo Energy after receiving my monthly bill in the amount of $674.45 (my previous bill wa...

will not accept payment arrangement

Since July 17th I've made attempts to setup a payment arrangement. Amigo will not work with me. I am a good...

lied about cancellation within three, months poor customer service lack of knowledge of own company

I started my plan with them a 1 1/2 month ago. I received my first bill within 2 weeks of having service. I contacted them and the service was terrible!!! I had a charge of 9.99 for some green energy charge that I never signed up for. I was also being charge .208 a KWH, which is no where close to what the agent at the store told me. He told me it was going to be .13 KWH and included free nights from 9p.m.-7 a.m. . Roger agent number [protected] made it very clear that if I was not pleased with service I had 3 months to cancel with no cancellation fee. Today I received my bill and it came out to $288. I called spoke to an agent to cancel and they told me I cannot cancel. I spoke to an agent and she is giving me the run around about getting in touch with her supervisor.

electricity provider

Amigo Energy sent me a letter advising me that my term agreement was up and that they would be raising my rate to almost double. I did some quick checking to see if that was a competitive rate and found that it was no where close. I called to discuss this with Amigo and they said they could not provide a rate that was competitive with that which was available to me so I went with another provider that could. Amigo Energy charged me a $175.00 termination fee as a result. This action is so inappropriate that I have to file a complaint and warn others. In so doing so I did noticed that I am not the only one. There are many other complaints very similar to mine. This is not an ethical company and I wish I had researched them prior to doing business with them.

they cancelled my service without my authorization

I got a letter in the mail saying I have to pay a early termination fee, when I never gave them my authorization to do that cancellation, after 2 days I receive another letter with someone else name on it thanking them for getting service with amigo energy with my address, I dont know who messed with my account and my info and its not right I call amigo energy and im the line for an hour and never assist me. This is very wrong!

my billing

My name is Tiffany King I live in Texas I've had this company for almost an entire year now just got off the phone with a customer service representative I have never had any problems till now sometimes their bill does get kind of high that's fine it happens a lot of companies but when I call and they want to fight me on sending a request to change my day to my bill so I don't have to keep paying a late fee because I can't pay it on the 1st she literally fought and argued with me over my bill and then she was interrupting me she was arguing with me over how I've dealt with other companies that they've always been able to change my date she literally interrupted me while I was talking and sit there and said there's no electric company that will do that and then she interrupts me several other times when I tried telling her I'm not dealing with just a disconnection fee honey I'm talking about the actual late fee and being told will your missed hold information I'm like excuse me know I was not my bill literally tells me and so does my email that I'm getting hit with the $27 late fee I don't get the disconnection fee till later and she want to sit there and interrupt me be rude argue with me she literally called me a liar on several different things and because of her I don't want this company no more I really do not appreciate the way I just got treated we are due with the baby in a couple weeks and I am not very happy with it was told Oncor is the one who they had to send the request to you when I called Oncor you know what they told me that Amigo can actually change it right there I can talk to the supervisor to have them change it I'm done with it I do not appreciate how she just treated me and my husband said he's sick of it so even if we have to wait 3 months we're going to be getting hit with this $20 late fee every time I'm done with it I'm switching companies

my bill amount

Worst service ever when I tried to call it's hard to get in touch with customer service and then they told me that I was going to get charge only $300 for this bill that supposedly their boss had accepted the discount for my bill. When I called to pay through the phone I was told I owed 488.
And that their boss didn't accept the $300 discount amount I was told. And to start off they had told me since the beginning that I was going to be charged 10¢P/KW but when I got my light bill it said I was getting charged for 20¢ P/kw. They don't do what they say they doing I be calling and they be rejecting my phone call every time and one person tells me one thing and someone something else. I made a $200 payment and I be calling to get to a payment agreement but they don't answer. WORST SERVICE EVER!!!

service

I have paid my account on time and find out yesterday that I got an early termination notice that my power i...

charges/ bill

Amigo energy's meter to my apartment broke, it was unfunctional so for months they could not charge me...

stay away, customer service is terrible

I signed up with Amigo energy for connection of service for a new move-in approximately a week prior to my move date. I received LESS THAN 24 hrs. notice that they could not connect service on my requested date, but would connect the day after. I did not check my email that day, as I was closing on my house, packing, and moving, so I found out that there was no electricity when the persons vacating the house I bought called and told us it had just gone off.

I immediately called Amigo. They said that my problem was with Oncor, so I called them. Oncor informed me that they had nothing to do with requests for service other than fulfilling them, and that I needed Amigo to request that my power be turned on. After calling Amigo back and asking for a priority move in to be placed, I was told it was not "their policy" to request priority move in. I explained that I do not have family locally, that I have a small child, and that it was dark and hot. They said that there was nothing they could do, hung up the phone on me, and when the call was returned and a supervisor requested I was put on hold repeatedly in the middle of the conversation and could hear laughter in the background. I called Oncor again, and they told me that as long as a request was received within the next several hours, they could turn my electricity on.

After hours on the phone, countless minutes waiting on hold, and the most rude customer service "professionals" I have ever had the misfortune to encounter, I was finally told by Amigo that they would request priority move in, but that I would be charged $100 on my next bill for their doing so. I told them to please go forward with the request regardless, and my power was on within two hours.

My issues are these:

*How can 24 hrs notice be sufficient to let a customer know that they will have no power the day needed (new customer)

*The lack of professionalism consistently experienced with multiple customer service reps, including the supervisor who finally took my call after I was told during two prior calls that a supervisor was "unavailable". I cannot understand why the priority move-in request was not placed immediately, when I called the first time in the early afternoon. At 8pm that evening, after hours of calls, that was the outcome.

CHEAP, but NOT worth the headache.

still &slamming& npc customers since 2008

Well, they're at it again...Amigo Energy has sent out "Legal Demand" letters under the letterhead "Fulcrum Energy." The gist of the letter was to try once more to collect monies they illegally earned when National Power Company (NPC) went under in June 2008. Ring a bell? I called them about the letter, giving them my PUC complaint number from back then and a history of how this account was settled...including a letter from them that incorrectly calculated what I owed (somehow, in Amigo-land, 790 kWh x 0.165 = $382.80. The representative I talked to today said the letter had been "poorly written". Ya think??) My last communication with them was a letter recalculating their math, and sending a check for the correct amount in Oct. '08. Hadn't heard from them since then...until now. My guess is that they're hoping people didn't hold on to there records from back then, and don't have the history to back it up. After FIVE telephone calls today, and with the more and more background I could provide them (as I dug deeper, revealing how they had illegally switched me. I was a NPC fixed-rate customer and POLR didn't apply to me. But in their eagerness to rope in all the orphaned NPC accounts, they...well...let's say their sale pitch was..."poorly written.") If any of this rings a bell, look out. If you have records to prove up that you were an NPC fixed-rate customer when they went under, and you've received this letter DO NOT SETTLE. You do NOT owe them money. You should have never been switched to them. I haven't had a single complaint about my new provider...they actually know how to run a business, and offer a product at a fair price.

overbilling/horrible customer service

Amigo Energy-WRONG NAME! Nothing "Amigo" about the whole company. They over bill, tell you off, put you on hold for long periods of time, hang up on you, and lie about what they are going to do to resolve all your issues. Save yourself the trouble and look else where for buisness. You dont need these people in your life, its too short.

• Bo
    bobbygsk Dec 01, 2009

I get phone calls from Amigo Energy stating that I'm past due.<br />
    Infact I have ended the contract and confirmed it more than 4 times that I do not owe anything. <br />
    Even after I ended the contract and moved to another state, I still get calls from them.<br />
    I talked to one of the customer service representative. He checked and told me that it was there mistake and apologized and assured me that I will not get calls hereforth. Yet I get calls and talked to another Customer Rep. Again the same assurance from them. When I asked them what guarantee will I have that I will not calls again. I was told that a note will be put in a system that I do not owe anything. Still I get calls from them. I do not get why they call me. But when they verify it, they apologize it has been a mistake from their side. And again I get calls from them.

poor customer service

Hi,
I had requested Amigo to transfer services to our new home address 14 days ago by using their myamigo site (Customer Self Service Portal). I had received a confirmation of my request by email.

14 days later, when we moved to our new home address, our electricity was disconnected. When we called Oncor, our TDSP, we were told there was no request to connect service to our new home by our retail electricity provider (Amigo Energy).

When I called their Customer Service number, they said they did not receive any transfer request (although I do have the confirmation email from them). When I told them I had the email, they still kept on insisting they did not receive any request & it would take them 3-7 business days to connect us.

We have very young children in our family & we could not live without electricity in the Texas heat! I explained our situation to their Customer Service agents (more than once) but they refused to connect us earlier than usual; which they could by paying a Priority Connect fee to Oncor (TDSP).

So we were left without electricity in our new home when we moved in & had to look for another Electricity provider who could connect us the next day (by paying the Priority connect fee from our pocket, not to mention having no electricity in the house for a whole day).

I would like to recover the extra money I had to pay due to error at Amigo Energy & also get compensated for the hardship on my family.

Is there any Consumer Organization that can help us?

• Nm
    NM1 Apr 11, 2009

I had just signed up with amigo energy. My first bill I was very happy with, but I had problems paying it. The web site is set up to bill to your bank account using a check method. I do not use checks only debit. I went on the web site and typed my acct number and routing number which, now I know were incorrect. I thought everything went ok, but over a week later I was sent an email that the acct didnt exist. I work at a hospital and can not stop to find time to call these people so I sent an email. I never get a responce so I again try to send the payment through internet. Again it gets bounced back. I find this out a week later. I then find out they have a"pay station" at my local walgreens. I go there and the girl at the counter points at a red phone. So now Im in the middle of the counter giving out private information so that I can pay my bill. I then find out there is a 6.00 charge for "money gram". I get to the counter to pay with my debit and the girl said moneygram only takes cash! Thanks for telling me before hand! This time I go to the bank to get the correct acct info. I pay my bill. This month I get a bill charging me 50.00 in fees and a 4.00 late fee. I called thinking that this place can help work with me since this was my first payment and I did try to get help paying it via email (which they never did email me back or call me) they may reduce or eliminate charges. The guy on the phone listened to me but then went on to say he can set up automatic payment. He was also trying to collect my payment today when I just got the bill yesterday. This was not why I called. He stated no fees will be changed. The bill will remain as is. I have NEVER talked to a customer service agent that was not willing to work something out or negotiate. I asked for a supervisor and he said there was no supervisor working there at this time (saturday). I told him I'll call back when someone can help me and hung up. So I will try to make time to call Amigo on Mon but I now have a really sour taste in my mouth.

• Ju
    justlooking Jul 17, 2009

I think your problem with Amigo Energy is self inflicted. You did not provide the correct banking information twice, thus causing your late fees. No, company is obligated to work out a fee reduction with customers. It is your responsibility as an adult to make sure you are handling you business correctly which in this case you were not.

• Or
    orlanka Sep 09, 2009

We had the same thing happen to us except that they had scheduled the disconnect for the old address a day before they scheduled the connection at the new home. We had our children at home, they promised that they would get the service restored at the old address so that we could move without issue and the kids would have AC, they never showed and Centerpoint said they never received a work order from them. Today I have filed a complain with the BBB and even written a letter to the Houston Dynamo to ask why they would associate themselves with such a horrible company. We had our electricity turned off today because, even though they said I could get an extension yesterday, they told me today that there was no way they could wait until the 15th for me to pay my overdue amount. They flat out lie to their customers!

• Sp
    springtx Apr 02, 2010

Just got off the phone with their customer service rep. They can't find my payment. I let the woman know I didn't appreciate the tone of her voice and her snotty attitude. Same condescending tone, different rep each time I call even when it's their mistake they take your inquiry as personally offensive. Horrible service, l'm switching ASAP!

• Mo
    Moved_In_The_Dark Jun 03, 2010

Same thing happened to me. Customer service was terrible, connect date was not honored with less than 24 hrs notice to me, and I was told it was "not their policy" to order a priority move in request to get my power turned on. The WORST customer experience I have ever had in my 37 years.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB of Houston. Perhaps if we all do so the BBB will finally post something negative about these bottom feeders.

• Sw
    Switch---Not Happening May 17, 2011

Similar...they failed to connect service on the date I had confirmations for. We have a corporate house and people are not there on a regular basis. One week after connection someone arrived at the house to find no power. It turns out Amigo did not connect at all. I spoke to three reps who advised me that the orders were sent, but they could not expedite eventhough it was their fault. I was told it would be 24-48hrs, which was unacceptable as it had been 1 week. When they discovered it was a "smart meter" then they said it would be several hours but would not be turned on until the next day. I spoke to a supervisor who was not friendly and she then blamed the company we switched from stating that they disconnected the account as opposed to transferring the account so Amigo could not connect...which is a LIE!! They continued to blame our past provider, but in the end they FAILED!!! We will cancel service and eat the early cancellation fee once the electricity is finally on. We will NEVER recommend AMIGO, and we tell everyone how SORRY they really are!

• El
    elsd Jun 24, 2011

I switched to amigo 2007 both my barn & home. I check my rates every time my renewal came up. Well on there own they switched me from residential to commercial. When amigo contacted me for my renewal they put me on hold for over 30 minutes no joke my phone clocked it, and then they disconnected me. after that I contacted them still with no resolution. In order for me to go from commercial to residential they had to send in inspector to my house hence residential to verify. Long story short they were charging me a commercial transfer rate. extra $45 dollar appx per bill. I used to be happy with them but they went through some changes. I tried for weeks to resolve the issue not fond of change. No resolution. So I switched. Customer service has went away. and they lost customer forever. The company is not what it used to be. No customer service and they don't care if your bill is wrong. Very long hold times.

ripoff energy company

Amigo Energy is a scam, I am convinced that this company is ran by criminals. I signed up to have them as my electric provider. They took a security deposit provided service for 3 weeks and disconnected my utilities and refused to return the deposit. A complaint has been filed with the PUC. <br />
<br />
I would not recommend Amigo Energy, they will leave you in the dark.

It is amazing that the state of Texas still allows this company to operate. Must be the campaign contributions

• Ji
    jim.spielmaker Jul 20, 2009

They are scam artists. Plain and simple.

Amigo advertised online price of 10.2c/kwh when I signed up. (I have screen cap to prove it) When the first bill arrived it was 11.2c/kwh. (I grumbled but blew it off as it was still a competetive price)

Then, at peak summer usages my June bill rate was increased to 16.7c/kwh. That combined with expected higher usage almost doubled what I paid in May. Of course I switched companies the same day and easily found 9c/kwh but the swap cannot be completed until the next billing cycle. Since I'm already into July that means I can expect another insane bill before the next guy can jump in and screw me. (Perfect timing on their part)

Isn't de-regulation great! Rolling blackouts in California, Have you tried to dispute a cell phone bill lately? Look at the republican arguments on why we should keep our current healthcare mess.

I say grab a gun and shoot a republican. Perhaps burn down a few rich-guy houses. Run down a few Jaguars. You get the point. We can thin them out if we all join in and express our sentiment ;-)

• Am
    AmbitMike Oct 11, 2009

As an Ambit Energy consultant, I can tell you that not all alernate retail energy providers act this way.

The Dallas BBB has an F rating for Amigo, but Ambit enjoys an A- rating.

We offer very competative pricing, both variable plans and fixed plans (that actually stay fixed in price for 3, 6 or 12 months).

You can see my actual October 2009 bill at http://www.energybillreview.com/ambitbill.html

Find current rates and more about Ambit at http://DFW.JoinAmbit.com

ANGRY BITCH 22 Feb 01, 2011

THESE M*THERF*CKER ARE SCAM ARTIST. NOT A OPANION BUT A FACT. MY BILL FOR THE WHOLE FIRST MONTH 37.50 NEXT MONT 182.** I WAS LIKE WHAT THE F.CK...I DONT HAVE KIDS OR A TWO BED ROOM..I HAVE A SAMLL 1 BEDRROM APARTMENT, AND THESE MOTHERF*CKERS TOLD ME TO CALL MY APARTMENT. I AINT COMPLAINING ABOUT MY RENT AM TALKING ABOUT THIS HIGH [censor] LIGHT BILL. THEY TOLD ME OVER PHONE TO PAY IT OR SLEEP WITH IT. SO I TOOK IT AS THE B*TCH WAS TELLING ME AM BE IN DARK. THE LITTLE AS SHE KNOW SHE JUST GAVE ME A FREE MONTH OF LIGHTS, BECAUSE IAM SWITCHING ON THE FRAUD A**..NOW FOR ME TO TAKE MY TIMW OUT TO RIGHT THIS I MUST BE PISS...

billing

I too have had problems with Amigo. They didn't cancel my service when I requested (rate was double...

rip off, bad customer service

I was also one of the unlucky people to be switched over to Amigo when National Power went out of business.
Sometimes I get a bill from them, sometimes I don’t. I have NEVER received a call from them on neither my home phone nor my mobile. I have to call them to find out how much my bill is or to make a payment. AND, every time I call, I am on hold AT LEAST 35-40 minutes before I can actually talk to someone! I have tried to set up my “MY AMIGO” account online but I get an error message each time stating “We could not locate this account. Please ensure that the information you entered is correct.” I recheck and re-enter the information from my bill and still get the same error.

On December 12, 2008, I called and after being on hold for almost an hour, a customer service rep answered. I told him that I needed to make my payment on the newest bill that I had for $189.00. He told me that he could not take my payment because a disconnect notice had already been sent out a few days ago and that I would have to go to any Wal-Mart and make a payment via a MoneyGram ExpressPayment and that I had to pay $349.97. When I asked why I had to pay $349.97 when my bill was only $189? He said that another bill had already been sent recently and that I would have to pay that amount also in order for my service to not be disconnected and that it had to be paid before December 29. I told him that I had not received a new bill for the additional amount and asked if he could email it to me. He told me he could, got my information and said that he would send it immediately. I told him that I would go send the MoneyGram as soon as I got off the phone. I did, he didn’t. I still have not received the new bill, email or U.S. Mail. I have never received the infamous disconnect notice that was sent out either.
Today is December 29 and at approx. 10:45 this morning, my power goes off. I immediately called Amigo. I was on hold for 1 hour and 12 minutes and finally Eileen anwers. I told her that my power just went off. She asked for my account number and then puts me back on hold. She comes back on and says, ” Ma’am, we just sent a re-connect request to Centerpoint this morning.”
I asked why they would just send it this morning when I paid the amount that I was told to pay 17 days ago on December 12. This is when things get fishy. She said, “We sent a disconnect notice to Centerpoint electronically on December 12 and then you made your payment on December 12 so on December 13, we sent Centerpoint a re-connect notice.” I asked her “If you sent it to them on December 13th, why would you send it again just this morning?” She tells me that after they sent the re-connect request on December 13th, Centerpoint denied the request. I asked “Does it say why?”and she says “No.” I asks, “What day did they deny the request?” She says, “I don’t know.” I asked “Why didn’t someone re-send it before today?” She says, “I don’t know. All that I can see is that it was sent to Centerpoint sometime this morning and that it will take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours to have my power restored.” I asked if there was someone else that I could speak to or if I needed to call Centerpoint to find out why it was denied and when my service would be restored? She says, “There is nothing more that we can do. The matter is out of our hands and if you keep speaking to me in that tone, I will terminate this call right now!” Can you believe that? My tone….MY TONE!
I hang up, call Centerpoint’s 800 number for power outages. I was on hold for approx 2 minutes and a lady named Cathy answers. I explain to her what Eileen at Amigo tells me and she looks up my service address. She then tells me that Amigo sent a disconnect notice on December 22 to terminate my service on December 29. She said that did not send anything on December 12 or December 13 and that they have only received a disconnect notice, not a re-connect notice. She said they could not deny a re-connect request for me if they never received a re-connect notice in the first place. She also said they they have to receive them by 2:00 P.M. otherwise, my power would not be on until tomorrow. She said that since it was Amigo’s fault, Amigo could send another request and that Centerpoint could do a priority restore so that my power would be back on by 5:00 for sure but that they would have to request it. She told me to call Amigo back right away and tell them to re-send the notice since it takes between an hour or two for the request to come thru. She also told me that Amigo does not have a name on that account and that when I call them back ask them to add my name since they are the only one that can do it.
So, again, I call Amigo. It is now 12:47 and again I am listening to a recording for 32 minutes. Finally, Kerina answers. She is more help and more polite than Eileen was although she also said that she saw everything that Eileen had told me earlier. She said the she did not want to re-send the re-connect request because she was afraid that it would cancel the one that was sent in the morning. I asked her what time was the request sent this morning. She said it only shows AM or PM. I asked if I could speak to a manager or supervisor and she said that I would have to hold. She put me on hold and within 5 minutes, came back on the line and told me that there were no supervisors available. Then she said she talked to a supervisor and he told her that there was nothing that they could do and that he would not request an emergency restore. When I said that I thought she said no supervisors were available, she said “He is available but not to talk to you.” I asked what I should do since my power should not have been disconnected anyway, she said, “You can call Centerpoint back to see if they have received the request yet but other than that, the matter is out of our hands.”
So, here I go again. I call Centerpoint and almost immediately, a rep answers. I tell her what the Amigo people told me and she says that was not very good customer service and checks again for a re-connect request. When I ask if there is someone else that I can speak to she said, “Would you like to speak to a supervisor? I’m not sure there is anything they can do until we receive the request from Amigo. You are welcome to call us back as many times as you need to until you find out that we have received the request.” I told her that I would call back around 2:00.
At 2:20 I call Centerpoint once again. The rep answers right away and when I ask if she could tell me if they received my re-connect request she asked for my service address and immediately says, “Yes Ma’am. We have received it and rest assured your power will be restored between now and 10:00 tonight”.
Thank God for Centerpoint AGAIN. My power came back on at 3:30 this afternoon.
I think it is entirely wrong and should be considered criminal, to turn off power for a bill that was paid almost 20 days earlier. Amazing that Centerpoint’s customer service reps provided more assistance to another service provider’s customer! All of Amigo’s employees should be fired for their screw-up and NOBODY had the common decency to apologize….EVER! I also have still not received the last bill that was supposedly mailed and emailed and still haven’t received a disconnect notice.
I will be sending a copy of this letter to the Public Utilities Commission on the advice of one of Centerpoint’s customer service reps. I called the 800 number that she gave me and the recording states that it could take up to three weeks for a response to their investigation.

• Li
    Live Life Apr 27, 2009

This is the worst COLD SHOT triple rip-off company ever. Everything the last person wrote happened to me in almost the same ways over the last 4 months. It must be a Parallell Universe.

File an official complaint with the BBB, and the Public Utilities Commision in Austin, as I did, and also about National Power Co. My $250 deposit disappeared between NPC and Mi Un-Amigo. Doubtful I'll ever see a penny of it, but it's worth a try.

• Li
    Live Life Apr 27, 2009

Parallell Universe! Amigo is a scammer that promises to be your friend. But the real truth is they are the worst Triple rip-off, liars, bad service, customer dis-services, and no friend of mine either! I feel that this person has explained just what also happened to me.
    This is the very worst company I have ever had the unpleasant experience to be paying money! I have tried and tried to work with them, but there is never a common ground, or concession by un-Amigo. They try every possible way to get more money. Especially when they charge for a late notice and a reminder of the late notice. That is double dipping to the max! Then you get a fine for late payment too. That is a really cold-shot triple rip-off!
    I have sent an official complaint to the Public Utilities Commision and I advise everyone else to do likewise. I have received a response from them stating that they will keep me informed of any new developments.
    I also sent one about National Power Co., just in the outside chance that they will ever recover my $250 deposit
    which disappeared between them and "mi un-Amigo". I am also transferring my service to a more "tried and true" company.

billing/ customer service

I agree with all the other postings. I have experienced the same problems with Amigo. Billing two months at one time, charging at least twice sometime three times what I was paying with National Power Company. I was fortunate and found out through a call to CenterPoint that I was being changed to Amigo. I called them and was treated very friendly and agreed to a 3 year contract to lock in a low rate (.15/ kw hr). I didn't like the idea of being on a contract but I went with it because the other option was 0.19/ kw hr. Two months went by and no bills. I contacted them. Within a few days I got two bills due at the same time totalling nearly $700. FOR TWO MONTHS AT A LOW RATE!!! In the heat of the summer the year before I never paid more than $200 to NPC. How can 0.02/ kw hr make such a drastic difference?
When you can get through to the company, it's hit or miss wether someone can speak English. I usually have to talk to a supervisor. They are rude, unhelpful, uncooperative and give the word "amigo" a whole new meaning. I can tell you, I would never treat a friend the way they treat their customers.

• Vi
    vickio Dec 29, 2008

Thank God for Centerpoint AGAIN. My power came back on at 3:30 this afternoon.

scam artists

I was one of NPC customers when they went out of business. I never received notice of any transfer, NOTHING...

billiing / customer service / disconnection

Let me start by laying out some backround for our home. I've been unemployeed for a couple of month...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices