GetYourGuide / Double booking: No refund!

Jun 3, 2015
GetYourGuide Germany
We booked a tour group for the Vatican through GetYourGuide in Rome on 25May15 and it was only on our return back home that I noticed in my credit card statements that GetYourGuide made duplicated deductions. I escalated this to the support email at GetYourGuide but they told me that it is "impossible" to refund me for the excursion as I “booked a duplication”. The duplication must have been from the booking website I used (Tripadvisor through to GetYourGuide direct) - because I did not make multiple bookings for the same trip.

I feel this is a matter of principle, if you take money from someone by mistake and no services were rendered – you refund it, right? I cannot believe the audacity of the support line at GetYourGuide who basically stated that nothing can be done and I need to accept it as is. GYG02258532 vs GYG02258518, both for the Vatican, 9:00 on 25May15 for me and my husband.

A  14th of Jul, 2015 by
We are talking like machines which is not accepted
this guy booked the trip once and 8f he made it by mistake, getyourguide should notify home and confirm that not just taking the money and putting the customer in hell.

GetYourGuide Logo GetYourGuide