[Resolved] Getaroom / lack of receipt, indication of $126 fee above hotel room cost

I was traveling by vehicle and wanted to book a room once we were sure how far would make it. We tend to stay at Hilton properties. My daughter googled the number for me and I didn't notice it was not Hilton's number. They never identified clearly who they were, did not indicate how much over the hotel room rate they would charge and did not send me a receipt. $126.66 is not a reasonable fee or surcharge! I have tried calling the 1-800 number and can not get to anyone to get a receipt sent to me. The Hampton inn we stayed at has been helpful as they can, but my mistake in inadvertently booking through this service! I will be sure to use my Hilton app next time.

Definitely not a deal or better rates than available online.

• Resolution statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Aug 22, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services
    We understand from the complaint, you did not receive a confirmation receipt. Please accept our sincere apology. You can send your confirmation number that starts with an R or your email address and I will be happy to research your issue and work for a positive resolution.
    You may email the information to [protected]@getaroom.com.

Consumer Relations