[Resolved] Getaroom / hotel reservation cancellation policy

United States Review updated:

I thought i was booking a room directly with the hotel i wanted. Instead i saw that the room was booked through this website. i was also informed that this site sells rooms that are only non refundable. what a joke. i cancelled the room immediatly the same day when i found out. now i have been fighting with this company to get all my money back.
the incident took place on June 23rd of this year.
the conf # was R817753299

• Resolution statement

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Oct 24, 2017

We understand from the complaint, the guest stated they found the number online and assume they were calling the hotel directly. The number they located online was through our affiliate. They are an affiliate of getaroom.com and reservations booked are managed by Getaroom.com. Getaroom.com offers an affiliate program that allows affiliate websites to place product advertisement such as texts links and banner ads on their own site. The Four Seasons Hotel Toronto provides there direct site on the internet as well. All fees along with tax, service and recovery fees as well as cancellation policy are given prior to booking, and you agreed to those terms. As a courtesy, we can reach out to hotel to request a penalty waiver. This particular booking you chose is non-refundable, which was advised to you. We have a contractual agreement with the hotel and it is up to the hotel if they will waive the penalty agreed to. If you have any further questions or concerns feel free to give us a call at 1-800-468-3578, or 00-1-469-675-5368 for callers outside the U.S. Please again accept my sincerest apologies that you had a negative experience.

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Sep 24, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com. and bring your your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen tat prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate you letting us know so we can continue to improve our services.
    We understand from the complaint, you researched and found what you thought was a direct contact for the Hampton Inn, Hummelstown reservation department. While we understand that internet search results can sometimes be confusing, rest assured we are authorized to provide our discounted rates through varies sources, suppliers and affiliate partners. The hotel does provide their direct number and website on various internet search browsers as well. Please accept our sincere apologies you felt mislead.
    I would be happy to research your issue and see if we can come to a positive resolution. Please send me your hotel confirmation number and/or your contact information ( email) to [protected]@getaroom.com.

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Nov 26, 2018

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate your letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    Our reservations are not modifiable in any way. If you wish to change the dates for your stay you would need to simply cancel the original reservation and book a new one for the correct travel dates. You can accomplish this yourself on our website or by phoning into our call center and speaking to one of our customer care agents to assist you in completing this process. Please bear in mind that the charges for the new booking would be at whatever rate the hotel is currently offering and also that this current reservation would then be subject to the cancellation policy agreed to at the time of booking, which reads as follows:

"(CANCELLATION POLICY)"

So that I may assist you directly with your reservation please provide me with the reservaiton number starting with an R# or provide your email address to [protected]@getaroom.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,
    Consumer Relations

Am
Oct 18, 2017

Comments

• Pa
      Sep 17, 2018

Similar situation here. Searched for hotel near Hershey Park. When found online I thought I was making reservation directly with the hotel. I clicked accepting charges for 2 nights plus taxes, however, only after charging my credit card I noticed the extra $158 fees not from Hampton Inn but from GuestReservations.Com or Getaroom.com - both are the same. (apparently that sight takes you to Getaroom/GuestReservation and it looks like you are making reservations directly with the hotel but not so) Immediately after I noticed this whole mess, I tried calling the site and didn't get anywhere with them. I then called the hotel directly - Hampton Inn, Hummelstown and they said since I made the cancellation only five minutes after the reservation, there would be no issues with them on my cancelling same. Afterwards, I made a reservation with another Hampton Inn in another town this time by calling the hotel directly. Getaroom did not want to refund me $611 for the 2 nights I had made a reservation for. Called the Hotel again and the manager said they had no records of having received my calls and they cannot agree to my cancellation request. I do have records of having called them. This whole thing has been very frustrating.

• Lm
      Nov 02, 2018

I needed to change my two reservations from 11/7 - 11/11 to 11/7 to 11/9. I have called every day from 10/30 on trying to get this change made. I have had weak assurance that the change was made. They will provide nothing in writing. I have called twice to speak to a supervisor. The first time they were going to be at lunch from 11:30 to 1:00. The next time I called I tried for over 50 minutes to speak to a supervisor. I stated to April that I would hold and wait for a supervisor to come online. April told me that the supervisor would only confirm what she was saying . . . that BOTH supervisors were on another call . . . she also promised that I would receive an email regarding my change (though I had been told repeatedly that they were unable to provide this - hence my escalation to a manager). In the end my call was disconnected by April and I have not been able to speak to a manager. This organization is really poor and not one that I would recommend to anyone to use (hence my post on here).