General Electric / ge cafe refrigerator

1 Oak Park, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-522-8004

After purchasing a brand new GE Cafe Side-by-Side refrigerator last week, it took only 13 hours to began smoking. I pulled the plug. The inside temperature was 95 degrees. After it cooled down, I opened the door and saw a yellow burnt spot in the back with a large crack in the wall. Had we not been home to pull the plug, there would have been a major fire in our home. I will never feel safe with a GE applaince again.

Yes, our money was refunded by the store but GE has not responded to my complaint.

Comments

• Ta
      13th of Apr, 2017

I purchased the GE CAFE SERIES side x side refrigerator approx 6m ago and it has been a nightmare. The first refrigerator that was delivered was eventually replaced, not by GE but by Lowes. Was not long until the replacement refrigerator started doing the same thing as the original one. The Keurig works for a short time and then does not function. The water does not dispense through the cartridge instead it leaves you with an empty cup of coffee and the water leaks into the door which then releases through the bottom of the door and inside the refrigerator/freezer and onto the floor. When you open the door the keurig is located on the water pours out all over . I have had GE service out multiple times, they say its the cartridge getting clogged so they send a new cartridge, works for 2 cups of coffee and back to the same problem. Now the ice maker is not producing ice as it should. I am extremely frustrated with the quality of this very expensive refrigerator.

• Tm
      14th of Jul, 2017

BEWARE OF GENERAL ELECTRIC PRODUCTS. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCTS, AND THEIR CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT HAS NO IDEA HOW TO TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS.
    We have a three month old GE Cafe Series refrigerator and have already had a service call on it due to a very noisy rattling compressor, a sticking water dispenser button, and peeling silver tape that covers the front of the shelves and drawers. The service person fixed the sticking button, told us that the refrigerator is "just loud" and replaced the two peeling shelves. We now have two more peeling crisper drawers and when I called GE this morning I was told that the warranty on this refrigerator does not cover defective decorative issues. When I asked what I was supposed to do the representative told me I could pay for a service call, or I could try to talk to the supplier, but that the Manufacturer's Warranty was very clear and she could not help me...
    I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER GE PRODUCT!!!