General Electric Company / refrigerator
We scheduled a service appointment for a GE technician to come take a look at our perfectly functioning refrigerator on October 2nd, and after three visits were left with a broken unit. Neither the freezer nor the refrigeration units are working anymore. Technicians are clearly untrained, unprofessional and might we also add, discourteous.
On the first visit on Oct 2nd, the technician recommended getting a servicing done to defrost and replace the panel and filter and handed us an estimate as well as ordered the required parts for us. The unit, he assured us, was functioning just as it should. All good so far.
When the parts arrived and we scheduled our second appointment on October 10th, a different technician arrived who claimed to have defrosted the freezer and replaced the ice box. However, he did not seem to know what else was required and was oblivious to the need for the filter etc being changed. This was surprising and clearly left us quite displeased.Might we also add he was incessantly cursing, cribbing and complaining as he mumbled away whilst allegedly 'working'.
Our surprise turned to shock when, withing a few short hours of him leaving (at 5 pm), the freezer unit completely broke down!
Third visit, October 12th, we received a call and an unscheduled visit from the same (second) technician who then proceeded to inform us of how the compressor was not working and somehow managed to ruin the refrigeration unit in the process as well. He left unapologetic and with absolutely no qualms about the gigantic mess he had created for us.
And now, our fridge is broken and we have incurred additional losses, namely ruined supplies in a fully stacked freezer, food in the refrigerator and our valuable time. Not to mention the fact that we now have to buy a new unit today and live without a refrigerator till the time the unit is actually delivered and installed.
More General Electric Company Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric Company - warranty department incompetence
- General Electric Company - ge refrigerator model #gne25jgkgfbb/case #181226-005195
- General Electric Company - ge washer
- General Electric Company - adora dishwasher
- General Electric Company - microwave