Geico / commercial of scruff mcgruff

Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:

Went looking for insurance, but decided the past commercials about Peter Pan and then this new commercial with Scruff McGruff the Crime Dog was too much. The disrespect to police, crime task forces and a famous being like Scruff is just crude, rude and disgusting. It demeans reportibg crime. It is downing a popular reporting method taught to kids. I was taight in school the cheer, "Scruff McGruff, Chicago, Illinois, six o six five two." He is/was a hero and positive law enforcement entity that you are discrediting.
Please take it down.

Xi
Mar 23, 2018

Comments

• De
      Apr 01, 2018
    Best Best Advice

Totally agree with you about this commercial. Not only that, we are fighting bullying in schools and what are these cops doing but belittling someone we ask kids to look up to. This commercial is wrong on a lot of levels.

• Li
      Apr 12, 2018

THANK YOU!! I thought I was the only one to find McGruff entirely insulting to anyone's intelligence.
    PLEASE review your ad campaigns more carefully. NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL.

• Gh
      Apr 14, 2018

I think using " McGruff " in your newest commercial is like using "Smoky the bear" to sell soup. Makes no sense right?

• Th
      Apr 17, 2018

The so-called "baby talk" is a form of bullying! I grew up with McGruff saving the kids and teaching right from wrong and having the police bully him is just plain wrong! Does not reflect positively on the police force at all!

• El
      Apr 19, 2018

I'm with everyone who thinks the McGruff GEICO commercial is in poor taste or disgusting--nothing funny about it. It demeans the lessons McGruff has taught in past public service announcements. How are kids going to accept his positive crime-preventing messages when they see him being mocked and made fun of? He is being BULLIED, for goodness sake!!!
    Ditto to everything Theresa Buck said in above post.
    I'm just mad about the commercial!!
    Elynda Robert

Apr 26, 2018

I'm appalled by this commercial and simply decided to stop watching TVLand until it passes. In addition to complaints about the disrespect shown to McGruff, as E. Robert pointed out, McGruff is being bullied. No one in the commerical reacts negatively to it, and it's simply accepted as something that people do. How can anyone think this is ok?

• Ks
      Apr 28, 2018

I would like for Geico to take away the making fun of McGruff commercials. McGruff was a hero to kids. Now you are being ugly. This is very disrespectful to me as a teacher.