Geico / cancellation

Jul 7, 2015
2066 Peach Tree Dr
Phone: 707-422-9226
I have Power of Attorney and am Co Executor on my elderly Parents Living Trust. On October 2nd of 2014 at the request of my mother, she wanted to changed their homeowners Ins. from Farmers to GEICO simply because GEICO was less per year and had better coverage's makes sense right???Also their autos were insured with GEICO as well so it made things simple. So I opened a New Home Owners Policy for my elderly parents with GEICO. They use a subsidiary company called ARROWHEAD. At some point & time a representative of the company came out & took pictures of the property and as far as we new everything was good to go. We paid the premium and they were covered. Well that's what we thought. Today I stumbled onto a canceled Homeowners Policy while reviewing their Auto Policy. The cancellation was dated 12/01/2014. GEICO states that they sent out a notice of repair and that it had to be completed in x amount of days. Well SURPRISE, SURPRISE we never received the notice. Here's the best part! The policy was canceled because a metal door on a backyard storage shed was off the track. It wasn't missing it was OFF THE TRACK & still standing!!! Secondly they have a wood shop(tuff Shed) that has some dry rot across the bottom of the entry doors!!! REALLY you put these people in HARMS way because of 2 storage sheds!!! SHAME on you!!! So GEICO after 7 months of no coverage would only apologize for the cancellation and would not reinstate their policy until the doors were repaired. This has nothing to do with the Actual Insured structure THE HOUSE but because they cover these items under the policy my elderly parents could have lost EVERYTHING they've worked for their entire lives because GEICO NEVER followed up on the repairs or they would have been done! Also to add insult to injury there was never a refund for the Premium that I can find. Warren Buffet as much stock as you own in GEICO and as much as they want to supply EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, GEICO failed miserably today!

N  7th of Jul, 2015 by