GE Money Bank / My account was closed!

1 Los Angeles, AR, United States Review updated:

After paying my account off in full, I was about to buy a watch. I called to see if I could get an increase. After going through several automated menus, I reached the 'credit' department. The person asked me a few questions, then hung up. I called back [again after navigating through numerous sub menus] and was told my account was locked out. I was told I would receive a letter indicating what steps I would need to re-activate my account. Subsequently, I received a letter indicating what steps I would need to take. I sent in the required information. That was a month ago. My account is still locked and I have not received any correspondence or acknowledgment of my letter.

Basically, there is no customer support. The only option is to send a letter to a PO Box in Texas. There is no phone# to call and lodge a complaint. The associates that you do speak to aren't authorized to give any type of answers. I have had an account with GE Money for over 5 years. Overall, I would rate their customer service at -10. Having dealt with numerous banks and credit card companies, I would say GE Money is on par with Aspire Visa [on par as in same poor level of accessibility]. If you have a problem, you are out of luck.

Comments

• Ed
      1st of Mar, 2008

Ge money bank is a fraud. I have had a jc penneys account approved and then closed out after i paid it out due to them finding out i had filed bankruptcy and this account was never apart of the bankruptcy. Then i received a letter on today about another account i paid off and i haven't been using it and they tell me that they are going to close it due to non use and my previous credit history. My take is why approve me for credit and then take it away. Also, my son cosigned for one of these accounts and his credit is messed up because the bankrupty account is showing up and he never was a part of the bankruptcy. I am demanding that all accounts with GE money bank be deleted from my credit bureau and his too.

30th of Nov, 2008

I had an account with Queen City Appliances in Charlotte, NC. The account was through GE Money. I bought a washer/dryer and paid it off. I received a letter in November stating that my account was closed.

25th of Feb, 2009

I had a account payed in full, in good standing GE MONEY BANK close at there request, had another account SAMS CLUB