GE Money Bank / Unauthorized bank withdrawals

1 El Paso, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-519-2937

I have an auto loan with GE Money Bank. In November 2008 I authourized a payment for $405.00. Well, the next day they took out another $415.00 out of my checking account since they now have my account information. Not only that they attempted to take out $229.00 a few days later and another $229.00 two days after that. Ofcourse by then my bank account was raped and caused over $275.00 in NSF fees. I called several times and faxed them the information that they requested. Here it is mid January 2009 and have not had this issue solved by them. On top of that they still call me and state that I am late on my payments!! I suckered in and made another payment to stop the computerized harassing phone calls. I spoke to the collections manager Caleb Hanger and told me that they were looking into the unauthorized withdrawals. Again it is now over two month's later. I got Caleb Hangers direct number from an employee and call him everyday regarding my situation. I leave him messages because he either is never in the office or totally disregarding my phone calls.
It appears that it is O.K. for them to get away with taking money out of your account without authorization which to me is illegal and don't even care about following up on THEIR customers complaint. What is a person do when this occurs? My next step is to get lawyers involved. I have already filed a [redacted] and going to call the Better Business Beurau. Dont deal with this finance company! Just google GE money bank ripp off and see all of the others that are in a similar situation!!

Lg

Comments

• Je
      10th of Feb, 2009

i think everyone shouild get together and file a class action lawsuit against them i'm overdrawn by 2500.00 because of them there thieves

• Je
      10th of Mar, 2009

I think a class action is in order as well. I authorized them to take $86 out of my account. My minimum is $73. I was not behind in my bill. They are stating that I authorized them to take the "minimum payment due" from a prior statement where I had made a payment since the statement and before setting up auto-pay. With auto-pay I selected "other amount". They took out $163 rather than the specified $86, and I was charged $22 NSF by my bank.
    They have come up with every excuse under the sun to claim that they did no err.
    We need to find a good attorney as I am quite sure there are LOTS of us out there with the same gripe.
    I will be filing a complaint within my state of Montana.

• Em
      6th of Aug, 2009

After falling behind on ONE payment of approx. $25, GE Money began calling me upwards to 10 times a day. I finally spoke with them and explained my current situation; they seemed recptive and even "reversed" the late fee. I pre-authorized a payment for August 7, 2009, only to find out they took it out on August 4 instead. Not only did this cost me $70 in NSF charges, but they charged my another late fee AND a $10 fee for a "phone payment."

I spoke with them today and explained that this whole ordeal has just cost me $120 in unneccessary charges, and that I wanted my $70 back, the late charge reversed, and also expect reimbursement for the $10 phone payment fee, that I was never told about.

I was told that the manager was going to "review" my phone call and determine whether or not I truly did request the payment to be on the 7th, and to call back NEXT WEEK!

For God's sake, I could have went online myself and made the payment for FREE. This is just crazy! Fortunately, my bank (who said they have heard of several similar situations with GE Money) graciously agreed to reverse ONE of the overdraft charges for me.

I can't imagine that GE MONEY will admit their wrong doing, even if they do bother to "review" my phone call.

• Ms
      26th of Jan, 2010

I also was just ripped off by GE money. they not only took 302.00 they put it on a check number that i don't even have. I called and they say I authorized it, but here is the catch, the day they say this happened I was in the emergency room all day with my mother. I incurred over 120.00 in bounced check charges from there dipping into my bank account. The jerk on the phone even said to me that that would be illegal for us to take without authorization. I asked to hear the recording they say they have and was told we don't let anyone hear them. Yea, right... how can they if it doesn't exist. I told him they do not have my permission to take funds out of my account ever again. But, I don't think they care. I think they will try it again. MY mistake was making one payment over the phone with this criminal company. I spoke with my bank and need to put in a affidavit of fraud. They are going to take back my money from GE, refund the bounced check charges. MY saving grace is they picked a check number i don't have. On a day I have proof I was not home to answer there phone call. I now need to close out my account and open a new one. ( to insure it never happens again.) My banks advise is that never pay with a check over the phone. If you need to, Pay online or use your mac and you can always get a new card rather than deal with closing an account and opening a new one. Small consolation now. If there is a class action suit, , count me in.!!

30th of Jan, 2010

They have done same thing to me. I sent a letter(major complaint) to the Atty. General's office. They don't handle these types of cases, but was forwarding my letter onto the right department. We have now owe more on this item almost 3 yrs later than what I paid for it!

• Ro
      29th of Jul, 2010

Yes agreed Ge Money demonstates unethical and ruthless business practice

The evidence speaks for itself

Check out this site for detailed info on GE Money's track record

ASIC acts on GE Money’s insurance and debt collection practices

GE Money’s consumer complaints mount

ASIC helps Australian consumers understand new credit laws

The more consumers that can access reliable information in a timely manner to better

Consumers should be able to research finance companies first before making a decision to apply for a finance product.

If consumers can see that GE Money products have distinct disadvantages, that the customer service is poor, the interest rates higher, and the debt collection process is very aggressive and damaging for the consumer it is more likely that consumers will not take up GE Money products.

Loss of business for GE Money and lower profits will really make an impact against GE Money

Hit GE Money financially and make a difference