Ge Money Bank / Care Credit / Late fees/errorounous reporting to credit agencys

po box 960061Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-893-7864
Back in Oct of 2007, I had talked to an associate, Adrian Ray about my account and electronic payments from my checking account were set up on the 15th of the month. I was told that if I did this, I would not be charged overlimit fees or late fees. Unfortuantly this individual did not document this on my account. So, even though Ge money bank was taking $33 out of my checking account every month, I was still receiving a $39.oo late fee. Convient on there part, I never received a statement from them. I did receive a letter, though stating that they had received the payment. Not until months later, did I receive a statement showing that I was still being charged the late fee. I called numerous times and was told that I would have to talk to a Supervisor to have the late fee reversed and than was put on hold for ever. I did talk to a supervisor, Steve, in June, who reversed one late fee and told me that the reason I was being still being charged a late fee, was because my payment was due on the 4th of the month. I agreed to have the electronic payment changed to the fourth of the month to avoid any further late fee's. I again called in August, almost a year later, because I am still being charged late fee's, even after talking to a Supervisor, who told me that I should not be getting late charges. Than in Sept of 2008, I was told that my account had aged and would become current. I was supposed to have received a new statement showing my new payment and date. this is Sept 21 and I have not received this new statement.
Also, I had my credit run so I could buy a house and GE Money bank reported late dates for all the months from Oct of 2007 to August of 2008.
BEWARE!!! I am telling everyone, they run a scam. Every person you talk to when you call, gives you a different story. So, now Iam left with incorrect information on my credit report and almost a years worth of late charges, which were more than my monthly payments and no way of getting the problem corrected.

Comments