GE / front loading washer

We bought this machine 4 years ago from Whiteford Keagy appliance store in Monroe, N.Y. It has already died and there are only three of us in the house with an average amount of laundry. We could get it fixed to the tune of 400 dollars and at that price we might as well buy a new one. I am not unpleased with Whiteford Keagy but GE. It makes one not want to buy American products. I have tried to honor the American companies but this issue irritated me and it will make me look to European brands in the future. Tell America to start making a quality product. We had bought the matching dryer that has had to be fixed and a Hot Point stove that the inner heating element died the day before Thanksgiving. I am off to the Laundromat with some loads and would like to blow this steam of because I am truly disgusted with American products.

Ju

Comments

• Fj
      14th of May, 2009

This is to agree with Julie, my GE frontloader broke down at less than 5 years old with GE not soing anything but covering the parts under warranty.

On 10/19/2004 I bought my washer. It had no issues until 5/1/2009 when it started to make a lot of noise. I called out a repairman to see what the problem was. He replaced the shock absorbers for $39.95. The total bill including labor was $147.80.

This still did not correct the problem, so I called the repairman back to investigate the issue further. HE then looked into it more and said there were many mechanical problems wrong with it, and it would not be worth repairing.

This same repairman then stated that front load washers are notoriously ridden with mechanical issues and breakdown with expensive repairs frequently. He said it would be best to scarp it and buy a new one--it was not worth the cost to fix it.
    I then wanted a 2nd opinion and scheduled service through this website. A GE tech came to my house on 5/8/2009 and found the following items that are broken on this machine:
    Outer tub bearing
    Front Shell Rear Shell Seal Shell Belt Pulley Drum
    Along with other misc parts and accessories.

He said all of this would be covered under warranty, but I would still need to cover labor. He advised this was a 2 man job and the cost would be approx $407.00. Your GE rep also advised me that the front loaders do have many mechanical problems, and that it may be best to not invest further in this one, due to the high cost.

I appreciate the honestly and integrity he displayed, but now I have the issue of a GE appliance that is not even 5 years old, and will cost me a lot of money to fix, or throw away and buy a new one. Either one of these I find to be bad. GE is a quality company with quality products. I have a stove and a refrigerator that are GE and are still working after 14 years. I had a GE dishwasher last 12 years.

For a washing machine to totally breakdown and cost almost as much as a new one to fix is not good. I spent over $650.00 to buy this. At the time I thought it was a quality appliance that was reasonably priced. I’m afraid I can no longer say this. I have invested about $225.00 already in trying to fix the machine. However, I am seriously considering not fixing this, and buying a new machine. This is something I don’t want to do.

I am also considering not looking into a GE appliance again because of this issue. I am looking for a way to resolve this issue. I have had no working washing machine for over 1 week now and need to get it replaced within the next few days. I like the front loader and don’t want to get rid of it. But with the bad reviews I have heard from 2 technicians - 1 of them a GE certified one-- I am going to have no choice but to not get a new front loader.

On 5/12/09 a customer service agent from your call center called me back, and advised that all they can do is cover the parts at no cost. This is already under warranty and I would have been receiving these at no cost. So GE called me back and offered me NOTHING more than what they already had to. I was given loads of apologies, but they do nothing for me. I still have a machine less than 5 years old that does not work at needs a lot of money to get repaired. And GE offered me nothing at all other than what they had to.

Like I said earlier I already own 2 GE appliances, and at 1 time had 3. I hate to see this bad of quality in a GE product and a total lack of integrity displayed by GE, and not standing behind a product with an obvious craftsmanship issue. I am very disappointed on how what I thought was a good purchase has turned out to be a very bad one, and I don’t see GE standing behind the quality of their product at all.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Please don’t call me with more apologies, all I want I some good faith help on the part of GE.

Sincerely,
    FB, Illinois

• Su
      1st of Jun, 2009

Dear Sir,
    I had purchsed a discover bike from bajaj showroom which is financed by Ge Countrywide Con. Fin. Se. Details given below:
    Regn No. DL7SAS4335
    Model : Discover KS-K70
    Reg Date : 01/08/2006
    Ch. No. MD2DSDXZZNAD12674
    E.No. DXEBND12287

Name Nisha w/o Sunil Kumar Kakkar Add: 16/15 Block 16 Geeta Colony,

I want to say that till now i have not received any NOC from you.

Please arrange the same and oblige.

Thanks
    Nisha
    Mobile No. 9311199966
    E-mail: sunil_kakkar@hotmail.com

• La
      8th of Jul, 2010

Dear Sir,
    I had purchased a discover bike from Bajaj showroom which was financed by Ge Countrywide Con. Fin. Se.
    Details given below:
    Regn No. DL7SAH7265
    Model: Discover ES-DR
    Reg Date: 13/02/2006
    Ch. No. MD2DSZZMCK488890
    E. No. DSGBMK23850

Name of RAMESH CHAND SHARMA S/O Sh. RAM LAL Add:A-155 G/FLR PRATAP NAGAR, MAYUR VIHAR PH-1, Delhi- 110091

I want to say that my all installation have been completed .till now I have not received any NOC from you.

Please arrange the same and oblige.

RAMESH CHAND SHARMA
    Cell No. 011-22752424, 9999772229, 8802608700
    Email: lalit523@gmail.com

• Ft
      27th of Aug, 2010

well next time dont have your kids throw their toys in the washer so you dont have to belittle America

• Rb
      15th of Aug, 2018
    General Electric Company - Customer service/ repairs
    Franklin, TN

Called for sevice repair I was told I would be contacted within 24hrs to schedule a time for repairs...day 3 still have not received a call. Called again and website says they are available 8a-8p I called at 5p...recording says they are closed!

• Cl
      15th of Aug, 2018
    General Electric - Vacuum
    Scottsdale
    Arizona

Vacum stop working.less than 1 year.bough at Walmart last November 2017..was working fine till about 20 minutes ago..when plug in wont turn on

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2018
    General Electric - GE Profile 85339dishwasher- model # PDW8280N00SS
    Laveen
    Arizona

Short in the door not sure if moisture got in between the panel and door but it melted the main board the wire harness and the back for the on/off panel and melted the ribbon the also plugs into the main board. Luckily I was home or this could have started a significant fire in the kitchen,

• Ka
      1st of Sep, 2018
    GE Appliances - I ordered a appliance
    Union City
    New Jersey

I have been on the phone with GE about this delivery that was delivered but not installed i ordered it to be installed but A PART was missing
    I DONT EVEN HAVE A PART # Getting them back here has been the worst experience of my life ! I can not believe this is happening.
    An appliance doesnt come with PARTS? how stupid can that be?

1st of Sep, 2018
    General Electric Company - washer
    Lloydminster
    Alberta
    Canada

I have a GE washer which is still under warranty. Washer stopped working and I made first call on November 4 and I am still waiting..almost 2 months..GE delivers warranty through mabe Canada. So far after numerous calls, I still don't know when I would be getting replacement.,

• Am

11th of Sep, 2018
    GE Appliances - forgery
    Oakland
    California

Call me 510-575-3234... I work for Temco Logistics which is a delivery agency for retailers such Home Depot. We're doing some illegal stuff. Brian which is a GE manufacturer manager, drops in peridiocally to see how things. I wanted to report the matter of Forgerging signatures to make this company look great.