GE Appliances / ge washing machine

1 Plymouth, IN, United States Review updated:

A washing machine that my husband purchased for his mother in December 2016, is already in need of repairs. My mother in law lives in a small Indiana town. The machine was purchased at a local Sears store. She has been told that a repair man will need to be brought in from Chicago to fix it. She waited all day for the repair man, she is 88 and home all day. Apparently the man knocked once and left a note. Again she is 88, it might take her a few minutes to get to the door! My current machine is 19 years old ! I have never had a repair. She has been without a working machine now for 3 months! It's ridiculous that the machine hasn't been replaced or repaired yet. What brand of machine do you think I will purchase next?

De
Aug 12, 2017

Comments

16th of Aug, 2017

Although I have a bad case of buyer's remorse, I have to say; where does GE get off making and selling such a garbage product. After doing my research for a top loading washing machine with the largest tub and agitator, it was between the GE and Maytag. So I ask myself, why did I not go with the Maytag. Anyway, that's my problem. I purchased the GTW485ASJ3WS model. What a disappointment and piece of garbage. I have no complaints about the tub size, which I wanted, or the new functionality of the machine, however when it goes through some cycles especially the final spin; it sounds as though I live next to an airport. If the machine goes off balance just a little bit; well that's another added attraction. It is a very, very noisy machine, I also suspect that it will not last very long. When it breaks down, I will be replacing the machine with the Maytag or Whirlpool (which I had for 16 years), was loud, but it was old. The kicker is that I purchased the lower model for my shore home within the same month, and that machine is fine. This model is a complete disaster. Can't wait until it breaks down to get it out of here.