GC Services / Scam collections!

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada Review updated:
I work for GC Services. I know many of you get annoyed at us but we are all not rude or have poor business matters. The reason we call are to get in touch with the person in collections. If it is a wrong/bad number we must verify the number before we can remove it from our system. We have to our we could loose our jobs. Also the reason we have to say that its a personal business matter is because it is actually the law. And if QA or the client heard us say that so n so are in collections we could get fired. Its not an ultimate job for sure but remember we aren't bad people. We also help people buy sending them to different departments that can help there needs if need be.
Ja

Comments

Am
  29th of Jul, 2007
GC Services calls and wants me to tell them who I am before they tell me why they are calling. I will never tell someone on the phone my address & information without knowing who & why they are calling.

Hope they stop!
Na
  8th of Aug, 2007
amanda,

They have to verify who they are speaking to b4 they can continue with the call because in most cases it is sensitive financial information and they have to make sure they are talking to the right person and not a third party.
  19th of Aug, 2007
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I am sure that they told you who they are, how else do you have the company name??? They are required to verify by birth date or ssn to make sure they are speaking to the right person. After all, would you want them to tell someone else that you failed to pay a bill? Or any of your personal information? It is to protect you.
Ta
  24th of Aug, 2007
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
John Smith you are a joke and obviously a shill for one of these companies. Go get your GED and stop making your way through life on the back of other people's debts. Every situation is not the same. You're at the best laughable. A quick review of your post history is quite telling indeed.
Kr
  26th of Sep, 2007
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They were rude, were laughing at me when i asked for a phone number to call compliance. There so called compliance officer belittled me. Then they called me again just for fun.
Bi
  22nd of Oct, 2007
Why don't you idiots get rude back at them, call them whatever you want, hang up on them and then call them back and back and back again. The best defense is a good offense. Hit them hard and hit them often. When their down on the ground kick them again.
  24th of Oct, 2007
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
What were they laughing at you about baby? Call back all day long loser, or get a job & pay your bills.
Da
  7th of Nov, 2007
GC Services keeps calling my home for someone who does not live at my address. I get 2 to 3 calls per day. I have made the selection the number on the phone that tells them that that person does not live hereto no avail.
  1st of Dec, 2007
All you need to do is send then a Cease and Desist letter. Google it. 3rd party agencies are highly regulated by the federal government.
Mi
  3rd of Dec, 2007
I really dislike this and any collection company, but I have a supposed bill to pay and cannot get in touch with them since I changed my #. Does anyone have their contact # so that i can get rid of whatever debt they are trying to collect from me...
Ma
  19th of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Well, your first mistake is working for GC Services. The law says it is unlawful to lie to people on the phone. So you get no sympathy here. The GC Services parasite's just threatened to sue me on the phone for a bill I don't owe. I have a file about an inch thick of letters I have sent to other agencies offering to satisfy the debt, no agency would settle.
So I am hoping they do sue me because I have the information I have. But while I am there I will report the misrepresenting phone calls I got from them, which are all documented.
I would also be happy to get affadavits from all who have complaints about this agency. I will enter them into evidence in court as character references.
I have been trying to take care of this for a long time.
Ch
  23rd of Jan, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
GC Services keeps calling. When I answer, the line is dead. I have to call back to talk to some body. They have called about 20 times in the last week or so on these numbers:

1-888-865-2884 seven times between jan 22nd and 23rd
1-866-647-3068 six times between jan 17th and 18th
1-877-303-8757 seven times between jan 10th and 16th

I tell them each time I call back that I'm not the person they are looking for!
Sh
  13th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
GC Services is a debt collection agency and has a reputation for being extremely aggressive in their collection efforts and often unscrupulous collection tactics!

Do you have an account (i.e. credit card) that has fallen delinquent? If so, the creditor may have forwarded your account to GC Services for collection efforts. If so, request a Debt Validation Letter from GC Services and do not agree to any payments over the phone or without getting something in writing first from them!

If you have not received a collection letter from GC Services - I would suggest running your credit report to find out if one of your creditors has forwarded an account to collections.

If you are 100% sure you do NOT have a delinquent account with any of your creditors and your credit report doesn't show anything to support this then you have every right to tell the collector from GC to stop calling you. You can also send a Cease & Desist Letter and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) per your rights afforded to you by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).

Good Luck,
S.L.
Sa
  28th of Mar, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
pleas I am said aissat the reclam to my couried is num 9350 delivrey to a account 00601201027296/15 08 street boualem fraoucen algeria belcourt 16000.
H7
  16th of Jun, 2008
Got a letter from GC services about an unpaid ticket. Called them and payed the amount including $300.00 for colletion fees. They refused to give me a receipt, confirmation number or anything to prove that I have payed my dues. They are unprofessional, rude and simply dont care. I hope that enough complaints generated will have someone or some government agency look into this.
Li
  18th of Jul, 2008
I was recently hired at GC Services, LP as a HR Manager, I found that a lot of the employees who work for GC are really interested in helping people remove debt, I worked in the Student Loan division, and they created several programs to help people rehabilitate their bad debt; however, I have also seen the other side of this, some employees can be pushy and take issues more personally then they should. Overall, I would say it is not a company of bad employees but more over poor leaders. There is more than one way to skin a cat and you certainly don't have to be rude to help people rehab their debts. Last week I was let go, if you will, I made a report about one center manager making inappropriate racial comments regarding hispanic and black people and they fired me then offered me a letter of reference, a bit of a mixed message. So I would say be polite to those who are polite to you and realize they are just trying to do the job that the company is paying them to do. I am sure we have all been in a position once in our lives where we accepted employment and it was nothing like what was presented to us. With unemployment rates being so high and the market looking the way it does, we shouldn't knock the people who are just trying to make a living for themselves and their families.
Tb
  15th of Nov, 2008
I called GC services regarding two tickets, though I had multiple surgeries and I was not working I offered to pay the two tickets in full, but the representative was so mean and disrespectful and told me that I could not pay just the tickets because now GC services tacked on a whopping extra $300.00 per ticket now I can't pay them all I have is my savings of $600.oo and I am still not working. I think it is too much for them to charge double in paying, during this kind of economy GC services should be kinder to the people that are having troubles and want to take care of the debt.
An
  22nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They actually owe me $390. I was helping out a friend with a payment cause she didn't have a bank account at the time and Both me and the operator agreed that my informaiton would be deleted after that one payment. They actually took 3 payments. After each payment my friend consulted with them to erase my info. Since that didn't work, I had to close my account. several months ago I requested a refund or it would turn into legal action. They said it was processing. That was early in 2008. Never again
Bi
  3rd of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
GC is only interested in helping themselves. My experience with their personnel and practices is that they will do anything to try and force someone to pay a bill regardless of whether or not there is a legitimate reason for not paying. They stoop to the tactics of calling any family or friend they can find and repeatedly calling that number even after being told the person is not there in an effort to bring pressure on the person they are pursuing. They have suggested my daughter charge her disputed bill to my credit card and have no interest in hearing that the doctors failure to collect was his own fault for failing to file a simple WC claim within the allowable period (over a year). Everyone else got paid so why didn't he? HMMMmmmmm.
  25th of Mar, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
these people are so ignorant and uneducated individuals i have ever spoke to in my life!!! i have had so many issues with this company i cant even explain

GC Services Logo GC Services